Main Menu

New MUSCLE car Proto Type is out

Started by anlauto, August 17, 2022, 07:43:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Gees, sure hope the production model has four doors....

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudajason

I like it.

if I were to buy and EV, that is this front runner right now!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

E74cuda

The new look was bound to happen and I think it looks okay. On the other hand the engine noise just sounds stupid to me. Nothing mentioned about length of charge, how many miles per charge or how the charge is affected when using it up at a higher rate. I know that I'm old school but EV's just suck in my opinion.

MKA

I think it looks sharp.  What a modern charger with historic roots should look like.   Can do without the cheesy fake sound.

blown motor

Certainly some design elements of the Gen 2 Charger.
I wonder how much water that hood will hold when it rains.  :huh: I can just see the birds coming for a drink and a dip.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Quote from: blown motor on August 18, 2022, 08:10:14 AM
Certainly some design elements of the Gen 2 Charger.
I wonder how much water that hood will hold when it rains.  :huh: I can just see the birds coming for a drink and a dip.

They talked about aerodynamics, so I think it's likely open to the bottom front to allow air to flow through the front. :alan2cents:

anlauto

Quote from: E74cuda on August 18, 2022, 07:45:19 AM
The new look was bound to happen and I think it looks okay. On the other hand the engine noise just sounds stupid to me. Nothing mentioned about length of charge, how many miles per charge or how the charge is affected when using it up at a higher rate. I know that I'm old school but EV's just suck in my opinion.

I think this car is going after the Hellcat/Demon owners out there....and I don't think "gas mileage" was the first thing out their mind when they bought those 800hp monsters...so they won't care if it doesn't compete with new Prius down the street :stayinlane:

chargerdon

That my friends is a gorgeous car.    With the 2025 and beyond CAFE requirements, ICE cars are as much of a thing of the past as the 1972 big block engines.    History, yep for a while, several years in fact we enjoyed the massive performance of the Gen III hemi and the Hellcat...but...with the CAFE for 2025 being 50 mpg they are a thing of the near past and 2023 they come to an end.   

This replacement is ridiculously good looking, and if the performance is anywhere even close to what they are eluding to...then...in my personal opinion they hit the nail on the head !!!    Oh...and about 4 doors?  God i hope not !!   When they put the Dodge Charger nameplate on the current 4 door models i was sick to my stomach...about as sick as im sure the current Mustang lovers are about the new Electric SUV they had the unmitigated gaul to call a Mustang...   give me a break !!!!! 

Way to go Dodge !!!   Oh...and one more thing...i predict that if the price is anywhere near the low 40's then the new hornet will die a sudden death when this comes out.   

HP_Cuda

I like the looks and the proof will be when it's put down the 1/4 mile.

Kudos for them stepping out on the ledge.  :twothumbsup:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

7212Mopar

The Charger Daytona looks promising. Can't wait for the actual numbers to come out. I am in the market for a small SUV for my son. So far only looked at the new 2023 boring Honda HRV. Now we will take a look at the Hornet. Probably the GT only for new driver and insurance consideration. Don't know why the young kids have their mind set on SUVs.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

moparx5

hats of to dodge on this one !!! ton of power , infinite and instant  ! a transmission to smash gears and a hell of alot of noise coming out the back as u spin all 4 wheels off the light and i think that car looks bad ass!!! i think dodge is as pissed as the rest of us as this elec era is jamed down our throat with little at best infer structure in place to support it. the investment in technology to get the srt program to where it is and have to throw it all in the trash is a shame. i take my six pack challenger out for a blast and burn a tank in a night ,,, i take my scat pack 392 out and burn a tank in a few days,,, like does this government really think it is that bad compared to where it was in reality not to long ago? i guess the old saying dont poke the beer comes true but they poked dodge !!! i cant wait for the new line of commercials come out with that thing ripping up the streets !!!!! dodge is a brand standing to their roots unlike as mentioned ford and there ridicules suv mustang lol they should be embarrassed , i saw one the other day and just shook my head like wtf were they thinking.
im still proud to be American and these days where it seems most just wanna follow and take the easy road and not stand up,,, as i said hats off to dodge to stand there ground to the roots that identify them. i will continue to enjoy the hell out of my gasoline powered fun until that day ends and i won't have a problem sliding right into that thing and doing the same thing SHRED  TIRES !!!!! 
just my 2 cents i guess

anlauto

That fact that they advertise the car doing burnouts and has a "donut mode" just blows my mind...I agree, they get my vote every time :worship:

torredcuda

If I had to buy an EV that would obviuosly be it as the syling is pretty cool but I can`t afford a new car unless I hit the lottery. So just like the current Hellcat I can only look at it and dream so I really don`t care either way. Also keep in mind it`s still a concept and the production model could be a lot different - maybe they`ll add the two extra doors Alan wants?  :smile:
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

70vert

So what are the thoughts on the "Multispeed Transmission" with electro-mechanical shifting? Certainly a first for EV, as far as I know. But I'm concerned it is just another gimmick like the sound, since EVs seem to go damn fast now without shifting.

Revealed at the 17 minute mark in the linked video. No details, since it is patented :)