Main Menu

New record 308 kph on highway

Started by anlauto, May 10, 2020, 02:41:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Cuda Cody

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

mopartaz

RUNCHARGER

The kid done well, that's just under what my Viper is supposed to run.
Sheldon

jimynick

Quote from: dodj on May 10, 2020, 04:57:20 PM
Wonder why he stopped?
:dunno:
It's called a radio  ;) and the OPP have lots of them, some far enough ahead of the young sport, that they're able to apprehend him. This will be a very expensive ride for junior AND dad. I hope he's got a bicycle, because he'll be walking for a long time. Then there's the criminal charge, which means he'll never be able to go with his mates across the river to a Bills game or for wings or for anything else. He'll have to go on facility insurance and that'll cost him $1000's a year, for years and then there's the fact that if he had my son in the car when he decided to see if Dad's car would do 200 mph, he'd have to worry about me, when he gets out.  :thumbdown:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Chryco Psycho

High score & caught , I wonder what the high score not caught is ??

cudamadd

At that speed all I can say is what a young dick head

YYZ

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 10, 2020, 07:34:46 PM
High score & caught , I wonder what the high score not caught is ??

Normally the C63 is governed to a top speed of 250 km/h.  Ungoverned it has a theoretical top speed of 305 km/h, so if nothing else, the youngster has some bragging rights at 308 km/h

As for punishment:
- at minimum, the vehicle is impounded for a week and the driver's license suspended ('Stunt driving')
- fine of several thousand dollars, up to $10K

Driver is currently charged with dangerous driving, which is a criminal charge and can result in jail time.  A good lawyer will not be cheap -- an easy $10K to contest the charge.

In a lot of cases 'dangerous driving' gets pleaded down to 'careless driving', which is not considered criminal, but still has pretty hefty fines & consequences. 

Given that the youngster appears to have set a new Ontario speed record, even faster than the Hellcat with the blown tire from a few weeks ago, the Court may well make an example of him.

anlauto

Quote from: cudamadd on May 10, 2020, 11:37:32 PM
At that speed all I can say is what a young dick head

What's worse is he had a friend in the car, can you imagine if that was your son and something had gone wrong :verymad:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

I will say, When I get stupid I do so alone!!  :yes: