Main Menu

NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Here We Go!

Started by Topcat, April 11, 2018, 07:24:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Jim AAR

Stanley Cup Final:

Winnipeg @ Boston = Jets in 6    :yes: :yes:

@Jim AAR , Glad you got your Jets back ! I hate seeing teams leave, almost lost the Pen's till saved by Lemieux !
Went to a couple games in 1989 in Winnipeg, if I remember right Lemieux got his 50th goal at that game.
I am originally from Pittsburgh , love going to other arenas.

Saw a beautiful Precious Blood Roman Catholic Church there , that church actually made the cover of a shingle companies brochure.

anlauto

:haha: $26.00 for a seat... :o  Today in Toronto at a Leafs game you can't even get a HotDog for that price  :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudajason

The best hockey of the season!!

As much as I want to see a Leafs Jets final....I think we are a few years off on that.

I think it will be Jets and Nashville in the West final and Pittsburgh and leafs / Tampa in the East final

I can see a repeat of Nashville and Pittsburgh in the final this year...and I would go Nashville.

Either way, it should be a good 2 months of hockey!

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Jim AAR

Quote from: 73440 on April 14, 2018, 07:03:27 AM
@Jim AAR , Glad you got your Jets back ! I hate seeing teams leave, almost lost the Pen's till saved by Lemieux !
Went to a couple games in 1989 in Winnipeg, if I remember right Lemieux got his 50th goal at that game.
I am originally from Pittsburgh , love going to other arenas.

Saw a beautiful Precious Blood Roman Catholic Church there , that church actually made the cover of a shingle companies brochure.

Yep, after they left I hoped we would get another chance, but never ever thought it would actually happen. Lots of tears in our house when they left, that's for sure. We went to ALL the save The Jets Rally's and even donated $100 to try to save them (We got the money back when it didn't work). Sad thing is, it had nothing to do with the Fan Support, it was all about never getting a new arena built because the Owner (Barry Shenkarow) & the Mayor (Bill Norrie) hated each others guts and could never get together on building a new arena that would have sustained the team. The money and land downtown where the new arena was to be built ended up being a Mall & Apartment complex that has failed miserably.

I was at the last 2 Jets games ever played at the old Winnipeg Arena against the Detroit Red Wings.

You are correct about Lemieux's 50th goal in 44 games on Jan 20th 1989, here's a qoute "Lemieux, 23 and in his fifth NHL season, scores 1:18 into the Pittsburgh Penguins' 7-3 loss to the Winnipeg Jets at Winnipeg Arena when he takes a pass from Rob Brown and beats goaltender Eldon Reddick to the short side. The goal comes in Lemieux's 44th game of the season and the 46th for the Penguins."

I know that church well, I am Roman Catholic and was there many times. I love architecture as well and that is a very cool roof, from the outside and inside. Here's some pic's:

Thank you Jim for the photos, I couldn't find mine of the church , I was just driving around and then Wow , this church just stands out !
I did go inside also, the architecture of it is amazing.
I have built a couple of churches with glulam beams but not like this.
Yep on trying to save the team . That must have been before the government was giving money and such to teams to build new arenas.
I still hate they torn down The Igloo, the only stainless steel retractable dome , which is now a parking lot, could have save a small section to incorporate at least.
I do have a few pieces of the roof though.

Topcat

L.A.Kings swept in 4 games by Las Vegas.

Next up... Sharks.

Gulp.  :-[

6bblgt

blown motor

Minnesota is going to go down the same way!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cudajason

Quote from: Topcat on April 17, 2018, 10:17:40 PM
L.A.Kings swept in 4 games by Las Vegas.

Next up... Sharks.

Gulp.  :-[

Amazing...who would have picked them to make the playoffs let alone sweep their first ever playoff series.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

303 Mopar

At least the Avs are competitive and not going down without a fight. 

Topcat

As good as Fluery has been playing; I would put my money on the Knights.
You can hardly get anything past him. No matter how good a team. 

How in the Hell did they get him as good as he is?

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: Topcat on April 19, 2018, 07:24:52 PM
As good as Fluery has been playing; I would put my money on the Knights.
You can hardly get anything past him. No matter how good a team. 

How in the Hell did they get him as good as he is?

The salary cap. Plain and simple.

I love Fluery. The Penguin's have a much younger goalie now. He was hurt early in the playoffs last year, and Fluery saved the day in the first round for the Pens. The trouble is, your #1 goalie is ten years younger than Fluery and makes the minimal salary. So, there was no way the Penquins could pay a back up goalie 5 million+ to sit on the bench.  Fluery deserved to be a starting goalie somewhere anyway. So the Penquins lost him in the expansion draft.

Topcat

OMG!

Are you watching Nashville vs. Avalanche game 5?    :unbelievable: