Main Menu

No good deed goes unpunished !

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, June 18, 2022, 05:14:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

Well nobody applied for the apprenticeship program, so BIGS was on his own. Jacked my shoulder up pretty good but got it done. I thought lets check out a few things and adjust the tire pressure. All good, lets go for a ride.

Cruzin' past Home depot I see a buddy and pull in. We chat a bit, he ready to leaves. I hit the key.... Not even a click... wth ?  Load tested the battery earlier today. Attempted to jump it, to no avail. First time ever NIKKI has let me down.

Had to call the wife to baby sit my girl.  Had to run back to the house get my shop keys. Then run down for a battery. Of course post orientation was an issue. Made a civic battery work to get her home.
:soshelp:  :Thud:  :bricks:

Chryco Psycho

Too far away to apply for the apprentice job .
Funny how batteries can go bad 10 minutes after the last start .
Minor set back .

Bullitt-

Yep the modern battery just quit...Recon Miss NIKKI needed a bit more attention.   ;)
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

RzeroB

Frankly I'm VERY surprised that nobody applied for the "apprenticeship" position!!  :cheers:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

blown motor

I'll be your apprentice but you have to bring the car here.  :haha: How about the third weekend in August?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

BIGSHCLUNK

Sounds good Murray... except I lack a trailer  :haha:

blown motor

73chalngr

I feel your pain. Had been out for some errand running on Saturday came out of the store I got clicks but it wouldn't start. Had to run to my daughters dance recital come back two hours later had to wrap the starter with a hammer and it started. Now I gotta carry a hammer with me everywhere I go

blown motor

Sounds like the starter solenoid is sticking.

BIGSHCLUNK

Went out last night... she fired right up !    :notsure: 

anlauto

Maybe, like most aging women....she was just trying to do something knotty to get your attention ? ;)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

I wonder if its that linkage deal on the steering column ?

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: blown motor on June 21, 2022, 12:14:22 PM
Sounds like the starter solenoid is sticking.

Murray,

I think you are on to something. I had that problem. Turn the key and get nothing, but the battery was fine. Try again the next day, and it would fire up. I had a big screw driver in my tool box in my trunk, so when that problem appeared 2 more times, I would give the starter a whack, and be good to go. I replaced the starter after that, and never had another issue.

So my question is to BIGS, when Nikki wouldn't fire up were other electrical items working(lights, horn)?

BIGSHCLUNK

Mike I must admit - I did not check... But I dont thi nk the battery had enough to try anyway.  :notsure:

Alan , you could be right. She gets a little whiney when she doesn't get enuff attention !   :thinking: