Main Menu

Not a good day for the Challenger

Started by Brads70, June 23, 2022, 11:59:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Moprr

My truck got side swiped while the wife was sitting at a light.  Funny the person started yelling at her also blaming her.  There was a fire truck behind and witnessed everything and gave the statement to the police.  We have no fault insurance but it was blamed on them and we did not pay a cent.

cuda hunter

Don't send the tire out before the insurance comes and takes a look and pictures.
I agree with just buying a new tire so your not sitting still for the entire season.
Then the wheel is still around for the insurance company.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

blown motor

@Brads70 Sorry to see this. If you get a new rim have it shipped to Kathy's and one of us bring it back. Save you a bunch on shipping and border fees.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

autoxcuda

Quote from: Brads70 on June 24, 2022, 08:05:50 AM
Rim manufacture emailed me back, they want me to send them the rim to repair it. I'm not so keen on that as by the time I pay to send it there( California and I'm in Ontario, Canada)  and back and deal with customs duty etc... I might as well just buy a new wheel? $600 USD, That and they will have to remove material to blend things out making it thinner. With the horrible roads we have here I'm not a fan of making them weaker by removing material? I'm thinking potholes are tough enough on wheels without making them thinner?

Well, at least he's giving you an option.

If you don't want that, just make sure not to tell insurance that it's an option.

Did you find out if it was a 2 piece rim or all cast? Can you get that EXACT rim from ET as a replacement?
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

jimynick

I've been away for a few days and just saw this Brad. This was a non fault loss, why is the company saying you've got a ded.? Wheel Wizards in Hamilton used to do good work repairing alloy rims. There was also a guy out of London as well. If your PDR neighbour is a good one, he should be able to get most if not all the damage out. As for painting, if you get there, these days they've got computerized, digital paint matching equipment and they likely can match the existent paint. Unless it's mangled, I'd buy your old bumper if you replace it; my rusty old clunker needs to go. I'll call ya over the weekend, matey. Keep your head up!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

torredcuda

Quote from: Brads70 on June 24, 2022, 08:05:50 AM
Rim manufacture emailed me back, they want me to send them the rim to repair it. I'm not so keen on that as by the time I pay to send it there( California and I'm in Ontario, Canada)  and back and deal with customs duty etc... I might as well just buy a new wheel? $600 USD, That and they will have to remove material to blend things out making it thinner. With the horrible roads we have here I'm not a fan of making them weaker by removing material? I'm thinking potholes are tough enough on wheels without making them thinner?

Aluminum does not have very good elasticity properties so I would not want it repaired, ecspecially if it`s cast.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Chryco Psycho

Tire is rubbing on the fender so even a new rim & tire won't make it drivable

jimynick

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on June 26, 2022, 07:24:57 PM
No, but a judiciously used couple of pieces of wood and a Porta Power, will. Let's not make this more miserable than it already is. I owe you Brad, and if that's what it takes to at least keep your car driveable, then I'll load my gear and bring it up and push it for you if you want. Ley me know matey.  :cheers:

Brads70

Quote from: jimynick on June 26, 2022, 08:33:30 PM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on June 26, 2022, 07:24:57 PM
No, but a judiciously used couple of pieces of wood and a Porta Power, will. Let's not make this more miserable than it already is. I owe you Brad, and if that's what it takes to at least keep your car driveable, then I'll load my gear and bring it up and push it for you if you want. Ley me know matey.  :cheers:

:slapme5:
Thanks for the offer but Mike here is all ready to get at it as soon as the adjuster has looked at it.  He has been after me for years to paint this car LOL  Be careful what ya wish for! LOL
I was thinking if this had been my work van and the kid had the right attitude about it all I would have said forget about it but not with the Challenger. I'm just getting back after 5 days up at Algonquin so I hope things get moving this week? Maybe not with the long weekend coming up though?

Brads70

Quote from: blown motor on June 24, 2022, 11:09:08 AM
@Brads70 Sorry to see this. If you get a new rim have it shipped to Kathy's and one of us bring it back. Save you a bunch on shipping and border fees.

Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know! :slapme5:

Brads70

The wife suggested that now would be a good time to consider a colour change if I wanted. So on the way up to Algonquin she looked up 1970 Colour charts but can't think of another  colour I like better? Maybe go mango?

anlauto

I think the green goes with the racing theme and matches the AMX
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

Quote from: Brads70 on June 28, 2022, 11:22:35 AM
The wife suggested that now would be a good time to consider a colour change if I wanted. So on the way up to Algonquin she looked up 1970 Colour charts but can't think of another  colour I like better? Maybe go mango?

From someone with an outside view I would say think long and hard about that. That car in that colour is synonymous with you. You two are legendary!  8)
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

jimynick

If you do go with a complete, and if Mike was alright with it, I know my way around a board file and can block sand as good as most and I'd make a trip to spend a day doing just that to help you out. Let me know, eh?  :cheers:

YellowThumper

Quote from: blown motor on June 28, 2022, 07:34:30 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on June 28, 2022, 11:22:35 AM

From someone with an outside view I would say think long and hard about that. That car in that colour is synonymous with you. You two are legendary!  8)

Exactly my sentiments stated perfectly by @blown motor
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.