Main Menu

Not a noose after all...

Started by anlauto, June 23, 2020, 06:14:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Guscuda

NASCAR has been on a downward spiral since the old man Earnhardt was killed in 2001. Thru the years they have tried many things to spice it up, some of them have been rather corny and they lost even more fans. I for one don't miss the days of long lines trying to get into the track,concessions or bathrooms. I still love the racing, but I too am growing weary of all their stunts to try and gain more fans and this one is over the top. Anyone with a pulse would ask why wasn't this taking care of within 5 minutes? Anybody who has ever seen a garage door would know what that rope was for. All this was is an attempt to show them as being politically correct when in reality all it showed is the current leadership of nascar are a bunch of bumbling fools. Very sad!

Skid Row

Do you know what they didn't find in Bubba's garage?.....A Trophy

torredcuda

Was proven to have been there since last October. Maybe I`m being naive but I think it was just Bubba and Nascar jumping to a conclusion giving the current events before any facts were found out. If that is the case hey we all make mistakes and assume things that turn out not to be true, what they should now do is recant thier statements and apologize for all crap storm they caused.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

70Barracuda

Sniper, 493/383, Firmfeel, RMS Streetlynx, Speedhut. Dana, 4 gear.

Racer57

This is the official FBI photo of the noose. Not MSM or any other troll internet site. Out of over 600 total NASCAR pit stalls only 11 had pull down ropes and this stall was the only one with a noose. Bubba was informed of what was found 3 hours afterwards. Steve Phelps who is the President of NASCAR said that nothing any different would've been done, except that he should've used the word "allegedly" in describing what was found.

Any of you that feel it was intentional by Bubba or NASCAR to publicize it, your no better than those your accusing. Moderators, please close this thread.

70 Challenger Lover

Yes, please censor the conversation and shut it down before more free thoughts are openly expressed.

worthywads

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on June 25, 2020, 05:06:17 PM
Yes, please censor the conversation and shut it down before more free thoughts are openly expressed.

I agree, better to see some ugly thoughts exposed. 

I'm watching Wallace on The Daily Social Distancing Show.

70 Challenger Lover

Free thought is not always warm and fuzzy. In places like China and the former Soviet Union, ugly and/or unpopular thoughts are kept under tight control. I'll pass on that.

Nothing in this thread has been uncivilized and there is a huge difference between opinionated thought from regular members in a general post and deliberately harmful comments by anonymous trolls.

anlauto

Quote from: Racer57 on June 25, 2020, 04:33:36 PM
This is the official FBI photo of the noose. Not MSM or any other troll internet site. Out of over 600 total NASCAR pit stalls only 11 had pull down ropes and this stall was the only one with a noose. Bubba was informed of what was found 3 hours afterwards. Steve Phelps who is the President of NASCAR said that nothing any different would've been done, except that he should've used the word "allegedly" in describing what was found.

Any of you that feel it was intentional by Bubba or NASCAR to publicize it, your no better than those your accusing. Moderators, please close this thread.

The FBI also concluded that there is evidence that the rope had been there  long before that stall was appointed to Bubba's race team, therefore no hate crime was committed.
I personally think that anybody can see that the rope is/was used to pull a door closed....Do I think NASCAR made a big deal about it BEFORE finding out the facts....YES !  Did NASCAR enjoy a lot of POSITIVE attention over their inclusion march YES....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Here's my raciest statement....I stopped watching NASCAR when Toyota started racing....I never liked foreign cars...ever...still don't :haha: :haha: :haha: 
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Guscuda

Sorry if I my remarks were taking as being against Bubba, I certainly am not. From what I can tell he is very well liked by his fellow drivers and crew members. I have seen many interviews of him and he is a very cool down to earth man. My statement was meant to be totally regarding nascar and their antics as of the last few years and I think their drop in ratings are in line with my opinion.

70 Challenger Lover

I didn't think anyone's comments were over the top at all. This situation highlights that this whole country is hypersensitive and that condition can be more harmful than the actual behavior we are trying to condemn. Everyone In the country is so quick to form opinions without having all the information. So quick to burn someone at the stake without due process. Here's a situation that didn't look good on the surface and because human beings these days tend to look at things only superficially, we worked ourselves up only to find out later there was no malice from the start.

I think NASCAR and Bubba could help their reputations a lot by walking all this back and accepting a little responsibility for crying wolf so loudly so soon.

anlauto

The World is so connected these days with these dam cell phones and the internet, social media, etc... Us old folk aren't used to the information overload...my teenagers are on their phones every waking moment....they know more "stuff" now then I'll ever know in two lifetimes...
I'm bad enough on my home computer and E-Bodies.org all day.....but I'm certainly glad I do not own a cell phone...and have no use for that social media crap... :pullinghair:

70 Challenger Lover

My daughter is the same. Trouble is she doesn't actually "know." She takes what she reads on face value and does not take the time to research if what she's read is accurate, or to dig up the other side of a story often missing, or to analyze what is being portrayed in an effort to truly understand. To me it's just brainwashing. You can condition a person to believe most anything if you repeat the right lines often enough.