Main Menu

Of course a Cat 5 storm is heading my way.... just because I moved.

Started by mopar thunder, September 06, 2017, 04:17:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Jgallagh1944

Hurricane Irma decided to skip you in Bradenton and blast us in Orlando instead. I also had the tops of my large oak trees taken out by direct hit from tornado. No structural damage to house; yard, fence, and trees all torn up, but my 70 Challenger rode out the storm in perfect shape in the garage. God must be a Mopar man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

734406PK

We're glad to hear you guys are OK! That was one bad hurricane! Been through Sandy up here, 1-1/2 weeks with out power or fuel was an eye opener!

1 Wild R/T

Ok, now that it appears everyones gonna be Ok... Let me correct this for the OP....

Of course a Cat 5 storm is heading my way.... just because I moved to Florida Sorry but what did you expect?   Living in Florida & not expecting a Hurricane is like living in California & not expecting an Earthquake... Or Oklahoma & not expecting a Tornado....

blown motor

Quote from: Roadman on September 12, 2017, 04:31:28 PM
Quote from: mopar thunder on September 12, 2017, 04:16:58 PM
Thanks Roadman and everyone else that sent prayers and thoughts. We definitely should meet up at an event of sorts sometime. I have my Charger down with me.  I am hoping to go get my Cuda before winter up north.
Sounds good. If I'm still down here will be going to Garlits Mopar meet in Nov.  I know @EB3-GranCoupe  and @ToxicWolf  are going also.  Will keep in touch.    :rebelflag"

"If I'm still down here"
???
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

blown motor

I'm glad everyone is ok. I've been thinking of you all a lot the last couple days.

Chryco Psycho

Cudajason

Quote from: blown motor on September 12, 2017, 06:17:39 PM
I'm glad everyone is ok. I've been thinking of you all a lot the last couple days.

Yeah what he said.

Glad to hear you are all ok.  I was riveted by the coverage of the storm on CNN.  I can only imagine what its like to actually live through it.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Chryco Psycho

cataclysm80

We survived here also.  Power just came back on last night.
No Regular internet yet, just cell phone.
Lots of sticks down in the yard.
Time to start cleaning up.

cataclysm80

Quote from: Roadman on September 12, 2017, 04:31:28 PM
If I'm still down here will be going to Garlits Mopar meet in Nov.  I know @EB3-GranCoupe  and @ToxicWolf  are going also.  Will keep in touch.    :rebelflag"

The Florida Mopar Association has been putting on the Garlits show for many years, and it's been a good show.
This year they've moved it away from Don Garlits museum to a larger spot about a mile up the road, and also scheduled the show a week later than usual.

Meanwhile, Don Garlits is starting his own Mopar show at his museum on the usual date.

Which show will you guys be attending?
I'm tempted to go to both.

anlauto

That's odd...for two reasons....
Why wouldn't Don support the new location....
Why would the show need to move from such an iconic location....

I understand needing more room, and if that's truly unavoidable, then Don should just host a "kick-off" party at his place Thursday/Friday before the show to make it a larger long weekend event, attracting more long distance people. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

EB3-GranCoupe

My power went out 1:15am Sunday morning, just before the eye came by.  Just got it on last night at 7:30pm.  no damage, just a few roof leaks, and limbs down everywhere.

I work for the local county public works department, and had sandbag duty Thursday & Friday. every resident got 10 filled bags. I loaded, i shoveled, i bagged, i tossed bags, I handed out forms, and collected forms and directed traffic.  Monday and Tuesday was damage and debris assessment, For as many trees down as i saw, there were remarkably few that hit homes.  i am sure it was no fun for them, but many were blessed by having the tree go another way.  One scene in particular was amusing tho.  I totally missed it on Monday when we drove by, as i was focused on how much sand had washed off of a new bridge embankment, and covered up all of the RCP pipe they had staged under the bridge. You can see the top of the barrel and bell end to the left of the picture. It wasn't until Tuesday when the dozer was moving the sand, that we spotted this:

Rev-It-Up

Rev-It-Up

6bblgt

Quote from: anlauto on September 13, 2017, 09:41:27 AM
That's odd...for two reasons....
Why wouldn't Don support the new location....
Why would the show need to move from such an iconic location....

I understand needing more room, and if that's truly unavoidable, then Don should just host a "kick-off" party at his place Thursday/Friday before the show to make it a larger long weekend event, attracting more long distance people. :alan2cents:

my bet  :bigmoney: