Main Menu

OK, I'm Guilty - Post them NON MOPAR, fun cruisers...

Started by 7E-Bodies, July 12, 2023, 12:47:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

We've all been beat to death with the term "barn find" and recently even "garage find". Well, over the weekend, I stepped into an airport "hangar find". (I'll go ahead and start that term). A life long friend invited me to his "aviator's man cave" and before I could give two sh*ts about the claustrophobia inducing death missile, I zeroed in on his well preserved car that I'd only seen pictures of. As he just bought a couple other vehicles as toys to accompany his Harley, he made me a deal I'm still in shock over (rates right up with grand theft auto). Within an hour of entering the hangar, he was pulling the clear title out of the filing cabinet and typing up a bill of sale so I could drive the 7 hours home...and yes, with the top down! The guy has never cared about money. I broke my own code of "MOPAR or no car", but a 2003 Z4 with 60k miles that spent much of it's live in a hangar hibernation? I leaped. I was soon issued permission to rip down the tarmac. Two very minor scuffs in the clear coat of the original paint, never in an accident, no major repairs other than maintenance and simple recalls and interior perfect. As a newly retired electrician of 35 years, I will be headed back to his new construction soon to help with all of his electrical design and wiring. It's true that I'd trade it for any of the 3 E body verts I owned in the past, but until that surfaces I'll be scraping the bugs off of my front teeth!
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

DeathProofCuda

Dakota

That looks really cool! 

Since this is a BMW, I'm sure the turn signal lever and associated bulbs are in pristine condition.  😁

Skdmark

Sold my 83 and 84 Hurst Olds back in 1998 to get my Dakota R/T.
Had more fun in the Hurst Olds but needed something more reliable to do short road trips in for work (400 miles roundtrip etc).

Not as fast as a Grand National, but like the look better.
Especially the gauge cluster and lightning rod shifters.

Been on the lookout for another 83 with grey interior.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Mr Cuda

I spent a couple years away from my mopar buddies,  back when we were all working hard, so we could quit early.
One day we all got together,  and we had all individually picked a bmw as our modern, fuel injected,  cruiser. 
Not many options for rear wheel drive,  manual,  and V8 until the mopar lx platform came out. I think there's  more closet bmw owners on here. And yes,  my turn signals work.
Here's my 68k 02 M. Makes a 440 seem slow. Really slow.

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: Mr Cuda on July 12, 2023, 06:01:50 PM
I spent a couple years away from my mopar buddies,  back when we were all working hard, so we could quit early.
One day we all got together,  and we had all individually picked a bmw as our modern, fuel injected,  cruiser. 
Not many options for rear wheel drive,  manual,  and V8 until the mopar lx platform came out. I think there's  more closet bmw owners on here. And yes,  my turn signals work.
Here's my 68k 02 M. Makes a 440 seem slow. Really slow.

But you know the joke about the difference between a BMW and a porcupine, right?

7E-Bodies

I had an 82 Cutlass with T tops in dove gray. It was a fun car. Love that body style.

Rdchallenger

My daily driver to and from work since my Gladiator has the aerodynamics of a cow with gas mileage to boot. Figured if I'm going to have something easy on gas it might as well be fun.

EV2RTSE

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on July 12, 2023, 12:47:01 PMa 2003 Z4 with 60k

Wow didn't expect to see this when I opened the thread! Not too many built in that color, here's ours - we bought it for my wife in 2007 with 20k on it, it's a 2005. Now it has 115k. Fun little car, handles like it's on rails.

gygeneral

Quilty also, all my mopars are gone since last year, wanted something newer to drive, always wanted a 911 and I did it. Who knows how long I'll have it, until then I'm enjoying this one.

BIGSHCLUNK

Here's the BIG GIRL. 74 Grandville 455/TH400  Had to sell some years back due to lack of garage space. Really enjoyed her. A dude came all the way from Clearwater FL. We were counting cash on the deck lid before he even heard it run. Had a carrier waiting. Was featured in Collectible Automobile mag, don't remember the year

7E-Bodies

Wow @EV2RTSE !!!  :no: :looney: What are the odds? Just when I was thinking of using the other over used term "1 of 1" ya stole my thunder. Seriously though, I think it's amazing that two of us e body guys have nearly identical Z toys. Whooda thunk? Made my day!

7E-Bodies

Flatdad

Been daily driving (daily riding?) this to work every dry day above freezing for the last two years. I've put about 11,500 miles on it between commuting, hitting Michigan trails, and few MX tracks. It's not the most comfortable seat in the world, but it's good on gas. I strip the lights off for any serious offroading.

RUNCHARGER

For the price of a set of wheels or a set of headers for a Challenger I just bought another bike 2 weeks ago.
Sheldon