Main Menu

our new ride

Started by ec_co, July 23, 2020, 06:10:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

next to the Barracuda a '70 T/A is my next favorite vehicle but I'll never be able to afford one, so we did the next best thing and bought a 2010 R/T with the Exterior Appearance Package and Super Track Pack. it was completely de-badged when we bought it so we decided to retro it by adding '70 fender badges, chrome door handles, chrome side mirror caps, stainless side markers. R/T and HEMI badges on the way. Al is sending me the '70 Grill badge to complete the look. with almost 600k miles racked up on my 2 daily commuters it was time for something new(ish) + I get a HEMI and I won't be tempted to toss one in the Barracuda, lol. picked it up in TX on Monday and drove it home over a couple days. this is a 19yr Anniversary gift for ourselves  :D

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Chryco Psycho

Dakota

dodgemania

Cuda Cody

Looks awesome!!!   :veryexcited:

anlauto

Great looking car, congratulations on the purchase :twothumbsup:, I don't mean any disrespect but I got a chuckle when you said new(ish) car....
First thing I thought was....Gees, the car is already 10 years old.....I wonder what kind of condition a 1970 T/A would look like in 1980 after ten years of driving :crying:  likely rusted out by then :alan2cents:

Yours looks much nicer  :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MEK-Dangerous

js27

Very Nice Ride-Love a Black Car,
JS27

70/6chall

Thanks for the phone chat the other night buddy. Love your new ride heck of a deal on it too. The Challenger grill badge will be on its way soon. Like you said, my little addition to your new Mopar. Hope you and your wife have many cool driving miles. Thumbs up my friend. Thanks,   Al

ec_co

Al was kind enough to hook me up with this beautiful '70 grille badge, it really helps complete it for me. Thanks Al!

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

JH27N0B

Quote from: anlauto on July 23, 2020, 10:05:17 AM
Great looking car, congratulations on the purchase :twothumbsup:, I don't mean any disrespect but I got a chuckle when you said new(ish) car....
First thing I thought was....Gees, the car is already 10 years old.....I wonder what kind of condition a 1970 T/A would look like in 1980 after ten years of driving :crying:  likely rusted out by then :alan2cents:

Yours looks much nicer  :drinkingbud:
My T/A was 8 years old when I bought it, wasn't sold new until early 71, and had rusty quarters, trunk and fenders, torn seats, and a freshly rebuilt engine with only 48,000 miles.
My 09 Challenger with 35,000 miles doesn't even have any surface rust on the rotors yet.
My friends had a 09 that looked similar to that.  He'd added the T/A hood, but also lowered it and added the Mopar 10 wheels which are the 20" Cragar like wheels like my 09 Classic R/T except black chrome.  Beautiful, but they traded it in on a new Hellcat a few years ago.

70 Challenger Lover

I like the grille and hood! Nice changes. I've wanted a new Challenger since they came out. Someday I'll have to pull the trigger as you did but we always seem to have other needs in our daily drivers; pickups and minivans sadly fill those needs.