Main Menu

Picture of the day

Started by Chryco Psycho, May 15, 2018, 08:16:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cordodge

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 20, 2018, 01:28:16 PM
How many hundreds of tons is that thing rated to lift?

In that configuration we lifted the top off the cat cracker which was about 400 ton at about a 180 radius. Capable of well over a thousand ton configured differently. some of our chocker's were 6 inches in dia. Here is a pic of a SPMT self driven and capable of enormous amounts of weight, they are worth their weight in gold.

Chryco Psycho

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cordodge on May 20, 2018, 01:43:13 PM

In that configuration we lifted the top off the cat cracker which was about 400 ton at about a 180 radius. Capable of well over a thousand ton configured differently. some of our chocker's were 6 inches in dia. Here is a pic of a SPMT self driven and capable of enormous amounts of weight, they are worth their weight in gold.

Pretty serious stuff there.... Amongst my various commands while in the Navy I served on a 100 Ton Floating Crane that was built by the Sea Bees during WWII, They retired it while I was there.... I guess after having a winch fail & dropping a Beach Masters River Patrol boat didn't go well... Course that had to happen on Friday the 13th....

cordodge

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 20, 2018, 03:55:34 PM
I have been to Kearl  :bigthumb:

Really, We erected the 6 vessels that CBI built. Then used the SPMTs to take them to their final location.

cordodge

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 20, 2018, 04:22:41 PM
Quote from: cordodge on May 20, 2018, 01:43:13 PM

Pretty serious stuff there.... Amongst my various commands while in the Navy I served on a 100 Ton Floating Crane that was built by the Sea Bees during WWII, They retired it while I was there.... I guess after having a winch fail & dropping a Beach Masters River Patrol boat didn't go well... Course that had to happen on Friday the 13th....

Well I'm sure that didn't go over to well lol

340challconvert

Took this pic last fall
I live near a nature preserve and we get interesting visitors from the woods
These guys were wandering around the neighborhood about two weeks before Thanksgiving.
Good thing there were plenty of fresh turkey's in Shop Rite!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 340challconvert on May 21, 2018, 07:31:05 AM
Took this pic last fall
I live near a nature preserve and we get interesting visitors from the woods
These guys were wandering around the neighborhood about two weeks before Thanksgiving.
Good thing there were plenty of fresh turkey's in Shop Rite!

We've done the wild turkey thing, To much blood & feathers... Butterball is much easier...

cordodge

Couple random pics. This is my favorite Birra taco stand, The food that comes from this little cart is incredible. Be there next week.

Jim AAR

Super hot in Winnipeg today and this mallard duck decided to cool off in my pool.

Brads70

More Pog Lake , Algonquin

340challconvert

Just a reminder of the past winter on my front lawn!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Chryco Psycho

I had one of these living near my property years ago , over 5' wing span , amazing !!
I did not take this picture tho

YellowThumper

Mammoth lake
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

nsmall

Another fan of Mammoth...

I took this on a hike to Jem lake

mopar thunder

Too bad I didn't have time to stop.....