Main Menu

Picture of the day

Started by Chryco Psycho, May 15, 2018, 08:16:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Wayne

Quote from: cuda hunter on April 07, 2020, 07:10:37 PM
Quote from: Wayne on April 07, 2020, 10:25:27 AM
View of the Black Canyon after backpacking down.

The black canyon of the gunnison?  Looks like it.  Awesome place!  Our state record elk come from there.  Not state hunted records, but state "found" antler record. 

Yes sir!  Interesting, never saw an elk.  Tons of goats and small harmless snakes.

The hike down was challenging....the hike out was another story.  We started the hike out at 5 am to try and void the heat.... Still took us 8 hours to climb out. The wife and I camped for 4 nights in the canyon.  The trout fishing was amazing.  We never saw another person the hole time.   
1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A

CudaMoparRay

Universal Studios

Chryco Psycho

6bblgt

8)
COOL PIC!!  San Diego Air & Space Museum's A12 sitting in the parking lot!!  :wowzers:

QuoteThe Museum's Blackbird was the tenth A-12 built. This airplane was used by the CIA for five years to fly operational missions over Southeast Asia before it was retired in 1969 and put into storage at Palmdale, California. After restoration by Museum and Convair volunteers, the aircraft was transported to Balboa Park and mounted in front of the Museum in 1991.

IRON MAN

SOCAL Club at museum

CudaMoparRay

I bet a few of us remember this-----My Weekly Reader!

JS29

:no: Wasn't old enough to read in 1959!  :)

Chryco Psycho

mopartaz

St Augustine FL

IRON MAN

Remember this day clearly

YellowThumper

Quote from: IRON MAN on April 15, 2020, 09:49:27 PM
Remember this day clearly
Yep. My stepfather was one of the engineers during their design stages at Rockwell. His "forte" was the stress specification analysis for main booster mounting points. Was a seriously proud time at our house.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Chryco Psycho

One more from S D

cuda hunter

Quote from: Wayne on April 09, 2020, 04:46:58 AM
Quote from: cuda hunter on April 07, 2020, 07:10:37 PM
Quote from: Wayne on April 07, 2020, 10:25:27 AM
View of the Black Canyon after backpacking down.
The black canyon of the gunnison?  Looks like it.  Awesome place!  Our state record elk come from there.  Not state hunted records, but state "found" antler record. 
Yes sir!  Interesting, never saw an elk.  Tons of goats and small harmless snakes.
The hike down was challenging....the hike out was another story.  We started the hike out at 5 am to try and void the heat.... Still took us 8 hours to climb out. The wife and I camped for 4 nights in the canyon.  The trout fishing was amazing.  We never saw another person the hole time.

Wow! You had a great time!  4 days and didn't see anyone, that sounds great.  Very few folks venture into the bottom of the canyon.  Well worth the hike back up. 
It's super cool that you got to see some sheep down there.  It's  such a cool place! 
The Elk are very difficult to hunt there as they will run up the walls in a matter of minutes while it takes us 8 hours like you mentioned to get up the canyon.  Very difficult hunting area.  That's why the elk get so big there.  It's very difficult for their predators to get to them. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

mopartaz

Seriously cool dash from a 1929 Chandler

Chryco Psycho