Main Menu

Pictures

Started by cudamadd, April 17, 2022, 09:35:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mr Lee

Quote from: Mr Cuda on April 18, 2022, 06:39:48 PM
Scoops, but just  those are standard  hood scoops.  Cudahunter does have a one track mind.
They are?  I thought they were those M46 or 96 or whatever they are side scoops.  Every time I see them I think of the cuda hunter. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

cuda hunter

Thanks @Mr Lee  I always appreciate you looking out for those scoops. Good eye, I had not seen the hood scoops when I looked before.  I must be slipping in my old age. 

For reference,
https://forum.e-bodies.org/body-shop/5/m46-scoop-details/16458/msg217150#msg217150

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

captcolour

Quote from: Mr Cuda on April 18, 2022, 03:57:18 PM
I'm slightly confused with the inside trunk lid  picture.  The darker green looks almost sassy, not a variation of sublime.
  Just for you,  I checked with my local paint store and checked on the current ppg formula for fj5 lime lite poly.(sublime met)
It no longer has any metallic in the formula. I ran into this problem years back repairing a 70 RR.
New paint had no metallic,  and  was too "pale".  I mixed paint in my glasurit,  which still had metallic listed in the formula., but the germans needed help tinting their formula to match. Alot of help.
  There aren't alot of options for quality paint,  but I would recommend getting a small amount of ppg before assuming that their color will be a good match.  The metallic in the old formula added a depth  to the face value (color) that cannot be matched with using white to lighten.

I assume when you say metallic, you really mean pearlescent (mica)?  Metallic implies to me aluminum flake (silver) which would gray the color no matter how fine it is.  White mica (pearlescent pigment) would lighten it.  Assume the new formula just uses titanium dioxide to lighten it which will reduce chroma or brightness of the yellow.

For the "metallic" in the formulation, what specifically did it call-out?

Mr Cuda

It was the 70's so when I say metallic,  I  mean  silver flake.
It had about the same amount of metallic in it as that other almost solid color,  but metallic, Hemi orange.
The flake, when covered by the heavy bodied paint still offered some color change in the sun that other toners  cannot duplicate.