Started by cudamadd, April 17, 2022, 09:35:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudamadd

cudamadd

cudamadd

cudamadd

And a 340 fj5 getting ready and off to body shop

cudamadd

Found the correct body colour under this jack label so now redoing the body in PPG

cudamadd

cudamadd

Painted door jams in 2k

cudamadd

3 weeks ago should be in hi fill going to see the process to morrow

cudamadd

cudamadd

More hope you like and hope to get some more photos of mopar muscle cars down here in oz thank you  :australia:

cuda hunter

Is that original color fj5 or fj6? 

Cool cars for sure!  interesting how much you can see the fade on the exterior of the car compared to the door jamb. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cudamadd

Ya I know big difference in colour but I went to PPG and with a 1970 colour chart and they still had the codes for the paint as the door jams are in 2k two other friend has a 70 super bee fj5 it looks the same and a friend as  a 73 duster fj6 and it is darker when they are out side parked next to each other see our we go

Mr Cuda

I'm slightly confused with the inside trunk lid  picture.  The darker green looks almost sassy, not a variation of sublime.
  Just for you,  I checked with my local paint store and checked on the current ppg formula for fj5 lime lite poly.(sublime met)
It no longer has any metallic in the formula. I ran into this problem years back repairing a 70 RR.
New paint had no metallic,  and  was too "pale".  I mixed paint in my glasurit,  which still had metallic listed in the formula., but the germans needed help tinting their formula to match. Alot of help.
  There aren't alot of options for quality paint,  but I would recommend getting a small amount of ppg before assuming that their color will be a good match.  The metallic in the old formula added a depth  to the face value (color) that cannot be matched with using white to lighten.

Mr Lee

Nice cars.  Love the gator top. 

And my eyes went right to the cool signs in the garage.  Nice collection you have there

[mention]cuda hunter [/mention] did you notice what's on the shelf there?   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Mr Cuda

Scoops, but just  those are standard  hood scoops.  Cudahunter does have a one track mind.