Main Menu

Pot now legal in Canada...

Started by anlauto, October 17, 2018, 04:46:01 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: jimynick on October 17, 2018, 02:48:36 PM
The odd thing here, is that Canadians should be VERY careful about admitting to usage whatsoever on public forums. The deal these days is that if when you go to cross into the US these days, if the nice customs man asks you if you've EVER done any weed and you stupidly say "well, yeah back in grade nine" you'll be denied entry, and so far, several people have been further barred for life from ever going back to the US. The same thing goes with if you work in the weed industry or even invest in it. Like the old WW2 saying- "loose lips, sink ships!" You've been warned.  :-X
:iagree:
When you do ANYTHING, you need to be aware of the rules. USA has a zero tolerance policy at the border. It's their country, they set the rules for entry to their country. Be aware of it and answer questions with the knowledge of their rules......they aren't going to make you take a polygraph....... :alan2cents:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

What do you think the chances of other countries including the USA making pot legal as well ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Topcat

nsmall

Topcats link somehow led me to click on this https://www.civilized.life/articles/the-history-of-canada-in-30-seconds/

Just sharing, not sure if it nailed it or not.

HP2

Quote from: anlauto on October 17, 2018, 07:33:16 PM
What do you think the chances of other countries including the USA making pot legal as well ?

A majority are in favor of legalization.  9 states allow recreational use, 19 more have decriminalized it, and 31 allow medicinal use.

340challconvert

Another concern; I was was employed in an occupation that focused upon neurological development in children and adolescents.  What most people do not realize, the brain does not fully develop until about the age of 24-25, contingent upon the individual.  There have been studies that review the impact of both alcohol and marijuana use in adolescent brain development. Studies have shown that both alcohol and marijuana impairs and or impacts neurological development in adolescents and young adults. This impact has included reduced IQ and not allowing the brain to fully develop in that individual. Research needs to continue in this area. 
If you want to get high on either, as an adult, make your own decision.
Defenders of pot saying that there is no impact on your development and or physiology are deluding themselves.
Marijuana use impacts judgement, causes poor reaction and response times and impairs memory, concentration, and sensory coordination.
Keep in mind that users often combine the use of marijuana with alcohol and other drugs, increasing the affects of the substances.

Again, as a adult, you make your own decisions.  I have no objections if used in medical circumstances, or even in recreational use; but do not try to say that it has no impact on functionality.  Do not drive or using machinery and control/restrict the sales to adolescents or even to anyone under 21.  There are future medical and developmental detriments to using pot early on that carry into adult hood.  There was a reason why it was called DOPE.
:thinking:

Let's also not forget that this is also about TAX REVENUES that will come into THE government coffers.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Brads70

Quote from: Topcat on October 20, 2018, 11:21:42 AM
Already a shortage...

https://www.civilized.life/articles/canada-is-already-starting-to-run-out-of-weed/

:looney:  I'd bet it's like firearms..... I can get one illegally faster than getting one legally. Name one thing the government does well.....

jimynick

Hell Brad, I can name several! They do well taxing us, like, on everything. They do well creating bureaucracy to further impoverish and aggravate us. They do well at taking care of themselves and devil take the hindmost. They do well at telling us what we want to hear before their election and then not doing any of that after they're elected, and so on and so on............Just sayin'. eh?  :angry:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Topcat

Working for a staffing company, I have come across bud manicuring companies here.

They pay them dirt cheap and I don't think hardly any of the workers are fluent English speaking from what I saw/presume.

We can't place at jobs like this. 

Racer57

Governments are legalizing pot primarily for the tax dollars they can get. I personally have no problem with legit medical usage. I don't want to drive etc around anyone that is drunk. Allowing pot usage only doubles the odds of something happening.  :verymad:  I got out of High School in 1972 and smoked my share of it back in the day. I also saw the effect it was having on my grades in College so I stopped using it. I graduated. The people that I partied with did not and didn't graduate because they simply didn't care about anything else. I can absolutely guarantee that if I had continued to use pot I wouldn't be in the financial situation that I am now that allows me to own a Cuda and other "toys".

Timbbuc2

Legal or not is a personal decision.  Bottom line is if the government gets involved its for a profit. With all the talk about tobacco,  if all tobacco was to disappear today  local goverments would be screaming at the tax loss. I am not saying it is good or bad, it is political.
Get in, I'll drive

Jay Bee

Predicted by the Simpsons in 2005