Started by blown motor, March 29, 2017, 07:02:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Shoooter

I'm going there on Friday.  I have been there a few times! My good friend is looking at a demon.

J-Code Jeni

WOW, what a story & opportunity! I spy some cool cars!!  :bradsthumb:

Have fun on Friday @Shoooter & consider sharing picks with us from your day!

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  I would love to see more photos.   :takepicture:

fc7cuda

Looks clean and well kept.

He has collected many muscle cars including what he describes as a bunch of Dodge Coronet and Super Bee models.

anlauto

Wow...your very own "Graveyard Cars"... :crazytalk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Guy had an FJ5 383 Challenger R/T for sale a few years ago. Complete project and wanted $20k for it. I passed on it. It was worth around $8k at the time I figure. Sometimes people get more realistic as time goes on however. I do like how everything is clean and organized as well.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

How much value is in the land and 2 small buildings?  One building is 900 sf and the other is 1,200.  The location kills any real chance of becoming a big Salvage yard as shipping and the weather will also hurt you.  And to quote him, the property and cars have been "covered in 6 feet of snow all winter".   :foul:

So then the question becomes how much value in the cars?  And then how much discount on them if you buy them all?  What's retail average on those projects?  Maybe $5,000?  Some might be $500 and other could be $20,000.  If you paid 50 cents on the dollar for the package of all 340 cars (at an average retail of $5,000) that only puts all the cars at $850,000.  I highly doubt it will sell.

If I was going to spend $1.5 million dollars (that I don't have) I can think of some really neat (affordable) places to set up a salvage yard and 1.5 million would be a good start to filling it with some cool cars. 

Shoooter

I talked to him about that car probably 5 yrs ago and he was asking 8500. It sold to a guy in alberta

Chryco Psycho

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Katfish

Bet there's not much left that isn't rotted beyond hope,
40 years of sitting in the snow and weather...........
I think 10 cents on the dollar for the cars is high.

" The cars and trucks he has collected over the past 40 years are lined up across the property like an old drive-in theatre. They sit silently rusting while waiting for new owners."

xx88man

Quote from: Katfish on August 24, 2020, 04:47:13 AM
Bet there's not much left that isn't rotted beyond hope,
40 years of sitting in the snow and weather...........
I think 10 cents on the dollar for the cars is high.

Some of his cars are much more solid than you might think.    :rubeyes:
Keep yer foot in it

Crocha617

Have you guys seen his show on Netflix yet? It's pretty entertaining. Rust Valley Restorers

js27

Yes I have been watching it. He just bought a plum 73 Cuda with a 440 in it for $16,000 and took it to a swap meet and sold it to a young couple for $27,000. I saw a couple of cars he tried to sell that were WAY over priced for what they were and of course they never sell.
JS27