Main Menu

protecting your ride

Started by Gizmo327, August 26, 2019, 09:42:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Gizmo327

was wondering how everyone protects their rides when travelling out of town to car shows. Besides aftermarket alarm systems and the "club" steering wheel lock bar. any other trick?

1 Wild R/T

nsmall

Cuda Cody

Doesn't hurt to take the coil wire with ya when you leave it parked as a little extra trouble in case someone tries to drive it away.  :)

GoodysGotaCuda

I make the car impossible to start and use the chase vehicle, if available. Wouldn't mind a "boot" of some sort to help mitigate a tow-away situation.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

72 Challenger

Over insure the car. It's going to be really easy to accept the loss of my car when that cheque comes.
Someday I will have a J0b.

303 Mopar

As mentioned above, try to make it troublesome to start and move the car so they move on to a more easy target.  There were a bunch of classics stolen on this years Power Tour and it was clearly a pre-planned job. The bottom line is, if someone really wants your car they are going to get it.

torredcuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 26, 2019, 10:13:35 PM
Doesn't hurt to take the coil wire with ya when you leave it parked as a little extra trouble in case someone tries to drive it away.  :)

Yup, disconnect battery with a hood lock or take the coil wire, that will at least take them a little while to figure it out if they are trying to drive it away..
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Spikedog08

I think that covering the car so they don't know what is under it helps some.  To go to the trouble of removing a cover to find something not valuable would be a pain in the ass. 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Burdar

Mine's an ugly, undesirable 73 so I don't have to worry about someone wanting to steel it.

Romi

Quote from: Spikedog08 on August 27, 2019, 07:08:01 AM
I think that covering the car so they don't know what is under it helps some.  To go to the trouble of removing a cover to find something not valuable would be a pain in the ass.
Did anybody happen to read this guy's signature?... (just kiddin 4C)

Wayne

I have a buddy who used the removable steering wheel adapter on his newer car just for theft deterrent.

I think it would be kool to try to use one of those with a Tuff style wheel in the future.  That way you could turn the front wheels when you park and remove the steering wheel.  If you had a car behind you it would be very difficult to tow/steal the car without dragging it. 
1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A

JS29

Mine is a standard, that third pedal confuses some.  :alan2cents:

318Stroker

Quote from: Burdar on August 27, 2019, 08:23:35 AM
Mine's an ugly, undesirable 73 so I don't have to worry about someone wanting to steel it.

I feel your pain! I get tired of my 73 Challenger being called a "bad year Challenger," and that's one of the nicer terms I hear...  :verymad:

WCC

Quote from: 318Stroker on August 27, 2019, 12:16:12 PM
Quote from: Burdar on August 27, 2019, 08:23:35 AM

I feel your pain! I get tired of my 73 Challenger being called a "bad year Challenger," and that's one of the nicer terms I hear...  :verymad:

I'm sure your enjoyment of it is not linked to what others think, so who cares just as long as you enjoy it. :cheers: