Main Menu

Quarantine or not?

Started by torredcuda, March 20, 2020, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Yes: I think it matters who we trust in the future and how we handle things. The best thing Trump did is to stop funding the WHO for example. Why should they be funded when they dropped the ball and basically shut the world down for a year? I also think economic sanctions should be taken against countries that haven't been treating the rest of the world responsibly.
Sheldon

JS29

Cudajason

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 22, 2020, 08:24:09 AM
Yes: I think it matters who we trust in the future and how we handle things. The best thing Trump did is to stop funding the WHO for example. Why should they be funded when they dropped the ball and basically shut the world down for a year? I also think economic sanctions should be taken against countries that haven't been treating the rest of the world responsibly.

You think cutting funding in the middle of pandemic makes sense???  I disagree.

So what would the economic sanctions look like for the US for failing to take responsible actions at the start of the pandemic and helping it spread like wild fire????

Jason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

RUNCHARGER

The WHO did not warn the world in time and that was their job. Why fund them when they were so negligent in their duties? If we hadn't depended on them and been watching carefully ourselves this wouldn't have gotten so out of control.
The U.S. didn't start this germ warfare, why blame them?
Sheldon

JS29

We do blame China!!!!! And they should pay, after all the money wally world sends them.  :verymad:

torredcuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 22, 2020, 07:53:25 AM
Does this change the way we move forward?

Covid-19 was in CA in January and most likely December of 2019 through community spread.

"The Santa Clara County Medical Examiner-Coroner performed autopsies on two people who died in their homes February 6 and 17 and sent samples to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the county said Tuesday. The CDC confirmed Tuesday that the tissue samples tested positive for coronavirus...."

https://www.kptv.com/general/2-californians-died-of-coronavirus-weeks-before-previously-known-1st-us-death/article_2d8ee984-389b-5c94-9496-8a3ac411be62.html

Yes, I think it changes things positively as most likely more people have already had the virus than previuosly thought so once there is an accurate, widely available  antibody test more people can go back to work/normal routine once confirmed to have had it.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

worthywads

Since it is back to political with the blame from the usual suspects, it is obvious that most everything the WHO warned about was ignored by Trump.  He is now blaming others when he is to blame for the US delaying action, not the WHO.

dodj

When something like this happens, we need to wait for ALL the info to be investigated. There will be plenty of blame for everybody. In hindsight, everyone will be found lacking in some way. Stopping who funding is just the 'normal' trump behaviour and nobody should be surprised. Whether you are pro or anti trump you should have expected it.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Cuda Cody

Looking forward, it does appear to be positive news that the virus was in the US long before experts thought it was.  Since the virus is now known to be in CA in January and most likely in December when a ton of people were travelling for the holidays there could be a vast number of people that have already been exposed to it than we think. 

anlauto

I think no matter what country you live in the WORLD, the only one you can blame is your own Government. It's your Government that decided to take the actions it did with the information it had at the time.

Did the virus start in China ? YES.
Did China lie about it ? Likely
Did WHO know the exact truth ? Who knows, they were likely getting their information from China.
Did WHO put out information to the WORLD as soon as they were getting it ? Most Likely

Did ALL the countries of the WORLD respond in the same fashion with the WHOs warnings and recommendations ? NO obviously NOT.
Did each countries Government decide when to start "lock down" or social distance their own people? YES
Did some countries Government make that decision too late? YES
Is China to blame for that ? NO
Is WHO to blame for that ? NO

Will China or the WHO be to blame when the second wave hits or the first wave continues because people are fighting and protesting the social distancing policies ? NO
Are countries rushing too fast into opening things like beaches up too early ? Likely, only time will tell.

Just be safe out there... :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

One of the biggest issues with the WHO is the guy that appears to be in charge of it. Do some research he is a shady character and should be in some sort of Nuremberg/Hague trial not the leader of the WHO same applies to various positions of the UN . Funding should be cut from that as well until they do some much needed "housekeeping" Both are horribly corrupt! Trump should throw the UN out of NY and turn the building into a VA hospital! Trump is not perfect and has said/done some pretty stupid things, but I applaud him in cutting funding.  Both started out as a noble idea/concept but quickly became corrupt and have lost the confidence of most that have done any research into the matter, regardless of what side of the political fence you sit on.  For the record as far as I can see/hear/read Trump started acting before our "village idiot " did.  Personally I don't believe it's as serious as the plague it's been claimed to be , it's definitely more contagious as the common flu and its NOT the flu, but some people are defiantly playing with the numbers for reasons that are yet to be seen . Political reasons perhaps...  Fear is a powerful tool.  Bottom line is China lied and people died unnecessarily.     :alan2cents:

73_Cuda_4_Me

:( :( :(

Looks like Michigan 'Stay at Home' orders will be extended at least another 2 weeks, with the spike in cases yesterday... will know more at 3PM
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

anlauto

According to this article....It looks like the end of these crazy times is in sight for a lot of the States in America  :bigthumb:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/states-rushing-to-reopen-are-likely-making-a-deadly-error-coronavirus-models-and-experts-warn/ar-BB133HoF?ocid=spartandhp

Good luck :fingerscrossed:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mopartaz

More fear mongering to pass a mandatory vaccination program.Wonder who's to profit on all that.... :barf:

Chryco Psycho

Gates & Fauci fingerprints are all over this ....  :thinking: