Main Menu

Quarantine or not?

Started by torredcuda, March 20, 2020, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on April 24, 2020, 11:32:08 AM
I watch the death numbers everyday, sometimes twice a day from the same source....they don't seem to ever go down... :dunno:

Have you checked the flu related death toll?  People die all the time... I don't recall any nation wide lock downs in the past...  In the past any quarantine contained to sick people not everyone....

They/you want us to believe the only reason we're not all dead is because of lock downs but now researchers are finding the virus has been here longer then they thought & has spread much wider than expected... which means the lockdown was pointless... Well not pointless, it has certainly damaged our economy which some folks see as a win...

anlauto

One thing for sure is that "People die all the time"...we all can agree on that  :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

What would be "interesting" would be to accurately see how many people this year are listed from dying from the flu or pneumonia, etc... and again from "covid 19"  then compare to years past  flu and pneumonia etc.. I suspect if the accurate lists were compared we would see " a trend"  I suspect not as many people are listed dying from issues other than covid 19 this year. 

anlauto

We've seen 550+ people die in Ontario senior homes in the last couple of months....I don't think that's "normal" :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

blown motor

Excellent point Alan. 1WILD R/T, maybe it has spread wider than expected but that doesn't make the lockdowns pointless. How much farther would it have spread without lockdowns? I, for one, believe that things would have been much, much worse.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on April 24, 2020, 01:32:32 PM
We've seen 550+ people die in Ontario senior homes in the last couple of months....I don't think that's "normal" :thinking:

I'm thinking people in old age homes die quite frequently! Likely the #1 place people die?
:pokeeye:   I know what your trying to say though....

anlauto

To extend on Brads point.....It would be interesting to see daily death counts in The world, in Separate Countries, even in separate States/Provinces, cities.

I mean deaths from ALL causes....It would be interesting to compare today's statistics to say 2019 statistics. 194K total Covid-19 deaths is a tiny blip in the World's population, but take Countries like Italy or States like New York or even cities like Toronto and see how their daily death stats compare to last year :thinking:

BIGSHCLUNK

Glad he made it thru the mayhem

YellowThumper

Here is a YouTube snip of CNN discussing what the company I work for produces. Masimo.
In short we are now able to identify and monitor most everything within your blood without ever drawing any.
I am currently working on several higher cavitation injection molds for the parts shown in video in order to keep up with the current and expected future demands.

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on April 24, 2020, 01:55:24 PM

I mean deaths from ALL causes....It would be interesting to compare
thinking:
It will change your perspective for sure. For example, approximately 5000 Canadian women will die from breast cancer in 2020. Been about the same for a number of years. But do you hear about it very often? Nope.
Heart issues... About 12 deaths per hour, every day. 365 days per year. In Canada.
Having ten times the population, the numbers are likely ten times higher in the USA.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

Quote from: YellowThumper on April 24, 2020, 08:39:16 PM
Here is a YouTube snip of CNN discussing what the company I work for produces. Masimo.
In short we are now able to identify and monitor most everything within your blood without ever drawing any.
I am currently working on several higher cavitation injection molds for the parts shown in video in order to keep up with the current and expected future demands.

Great technology!  :bradsthumb:

dodj

Quote from: YellowThumper on April 24, 2020, 08:39:16 PM
That's amazing stuff.
I work with photo, proximity, laser, etc sensors and understand how they work. I've often wondered how those medical finger sensors can do their work without a sample.  :huh:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

torredcuda

Quote from: blown motor on April 24, 2020, 09:47:31 AM
Your numbers would be 5.9%, not .059%.

Must not be the numbers he used and my brain wasn`t working very good, and math was my good subject.  :looney: :dunno: Those are confirmed positive numbers, estimates are much higher - 21% of people in NYC are thought to be infected but obviuosly we don`t have the testing yet, either way I think in the end the mortality rate will be well below 1%.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

WCC

Quote from: blown motor on April 24, 2020, 01:47:28 PM
Excellent point Alan. 1WILD R/T, maybe it has spread wider than expected but that doesn't make the lockdowns pointless. How much farther would it have spread without lockdowns? I, for one, believe that things would have been much, much worse.

The worst is still to come and it is not the virus infection but the aftermath of economic meltdown. Some countries can survive it better than others given their economic size. Poor countries killing what's left of their small economies are just kicking the can down the road, essentially committing suicide to save themselves from the virus killing them.

This is a new problem for us so nobody knows what the right answer is, but yet it seems world leaders are putting their full trust in the formal media and WHO.

Personally I think that herd immunity is the way to go especially for poor countries with a younger population. It makes more sense to quarantine the vulnerable than everybody and killing the economy. What is certain is that you don't stop the virus by a lockdown, only pause it but you will kill the economy by doing so.

JS29