Main Menu

Quarantine or not?

Started by torredcuda, March 20, 2020, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

worthywads

Quote from: Topcat on April 12, 2020, 05:51:41 PM
Nobody has really thought how this is going to work out as far as how this will end.
You have multiple agencies with their authority and their input.

CDC
WHO   ::)
OH & S
Trump Corona Team
FDA
NHTSA
Surgeon General
State Governors
FAA
National Retailers Association

How in the Hell is this all going to go to Get out of Jail" card?

Pence has got this, with some help from Kushner and Ivanka,

JS29

Topcat

Next week 4/20 party at Golden Gate Park will be closed.

This outta be interesting. 100,000 people being turned away.

anlauto

A sad effect of this virus....All Ontario hospitals are closed to visitors....

My friends 59 year old Mother-in-law is in the hospital and was just diagnosed with Stage 4 inoperable  cancer...they don't think she has much longer to live :andyangel: No one is allowed to visit her....and it has nothing to do with Covid-19, they are just not allowed in the hospital period !

They're going to try and bring her home to die, but at this point not even sure if the hospital will discharge her :looney:

I'm sure there is a million stories like this out there...very sad :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

BIGSHCLUNK

My dad -96- briefly talked to my brother on the phone yesterday. The senior facility he lives in has been on lock down for weeks. All he said to my brother was pick me up, pick me up, pick me up. His dementia is getting worse, and does not understand why nobody has been there to see him. We all would see him at least once a week, the longer this goes the worse it well get.

JH27N0B

My mom is in a first floor independent living apartment at a senior complex which is locked down.
A few weeks ago I dropped off a planter on her patio and we chatted through her patio sliding door from 4 or 5 feet apart.  Then last Saturday I took her an Easter lily and a few fruits and again we chatted for a few minutes from a short distance.
Sunday I called her to check in, and she said the management sent out a memo nobody can drop anything off like that anymore, needs to go through the front entrance vestibule and only a couple designated times a week.
I guess I can't see her anymore.  :(

Brads70

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on April 14, 2020, 09:42:26 AM
My dad -96- briefly talked to my brother on the phone yesterday. The senior facility he lives in has been on lock down for weeks. All he said to my brother was pick me up, pick me up, pick me up. His dementia is getting worse, and does not understand why nobody has been there to see him. We all would see him at least once a week, the longer this goes the worse it well get.
I'm so sorry , that's a very tough one.  :('

71cudaddict

Quote from: worthywads on April 12, 2020, 09:19:57 PM
Quote from: Topcat on April 12, 2020, 05:51:41 PM
Nobody has really thought how this is going to work out as far as how this will end.
You have multiple agencies with their authority and their input.

CDC
WHO   ::)
OH & S
Trump Corona Team
FDA
NHTSA
Surgeon General
State Governors
FAA
National Retailers Association

How in the Hell is this all going to go to Get out of Jail" card?

Pence has got this, with some help from Kushner and Ivanka,
WHAT ABOUT EVIL BILL GATES LOOKING TO DEPOPULATE THERES A GUY WE CAN TRUST.

worthywads

Quote from: 71cudaddict on April 14, 2020, 01:43:00 PM
WHAT ABOUT EVIL BILL GATES LOOKING TO DEPOPULATE THERES A GUY WE CAN TRUST.

I hope you are joking.

Bill Gates is working on reducing overall population growth, he's never talked about depopulating.

A lot has been made of this quote

"First, we've got population. The world today has 6.8 billion people. That's headed up to about nine billion. Now, if we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, reproductive health services, we could lower that by, perhaps, 10 or 15 percent, but there we see an increase of about 1.3".

He is talking about reducing the then current population growth of 1.3%.  He is saying we can reduce that by 10-15%.  Reducing population growth from 1.3% to 1.1% if 15% reduction is achieved.

You'd have to think that vaccines, health care, and reproductive health services can kill a Billion living people.  That doesn't work, cause it's not what Gates was saying.

Scooter

Tired of quarantine and kids have been off school cooped up at home. It's about 80 here in the SF Bay Area today and premium gas is down to just over $3 bucks/gallon... that's low for here.

Washed off my Challenger and my son hopped in for a ride. Ran up to 4 corners Alice's and took the long way home up Skyline, 85 to 280.

Was motoring along 280 South and spotted a nice looking Roadrunner cruising up the slow lane way up ahead of us. I rolled up to about 85mph to catch him and have a look. Nice silver paint with 383 badge on the hood. Honked & waved just as we pass a CHP parked on the side of the highway. Check the RV mirror and he's pulling out quickly. I tell my son.. "looks like you get to see your old man get a ticket". CHP is getting big in my rear view mirror and a guy in a Honda blows by in the fast lane just as the cop is nearly on me. Son and I got to watch the Honda get pulled over...   

:rofl:

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: Scooter on April 15, 2020, 04:51:14 PM
Tired of quarantine and kids have been off school cooped up at home. It's about 80 here in the SF Bay Area today and premium gas is down to just over $3 bucks/gallon... that's low for here.

Washed off my Challenger and my son hopped in for a ride. Ran up to 4 corners Alice's and took the long way home up Skyline, 85 to 280.

Was motoring along 280 South and spotted a nice looking Roadrunner cruising up the slow lane way up ahead of us. I rolled up to about 85mph to catch him and have a look. Nice silver paint with 383 badge on the hood. Honked & waved just as we pass a CHP parked on the side of the highway. Check the RV mirror and he's pulling out quickly. I tell my son.. "looks like you get to see your old man get a ticket". CHP is getting big in my rear view mirror and a guy in a Honda blows by in the fast lane just as the cop is nearly on me. Son and I got to watch the Honda get pulled over...   

:rofl:

Cops don't ticket classic Mopars do they??  :haha: :rofl:

torredcuda

So new question - who`s wearing PPE, mask and gloves when going to work,stores etc.? Some people at work are wearing masks and we now get our temperature checked when we walk in but many others are not. I understand wearing them in stores although it is agueable if it really protects you but I saw a guy wearing one outside at the transfer station and see people wearing them while driving thier car by themselves - why?  :huh:
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

JH27N0B

I'm wearing a dust mask when I go into to a store, and wipe up with Clorox wipes after I get back in my car. And wash up when I get home.  Not sure how much the mask helps, but can't hurt.  Some suburbs here are starting to require masks when in stores, and the state is talking about requiring it statewide.

1ownr

Wearing masks in public, workers, customers, everybody Statewide Executive Order in RI starts Sat. One town has already imposed a fine for not complying.

blown motor

All kinds of news stories about not enough masks for front line workers and now everybody is supposed to wear one. How's that going to work?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel