Main Menu

RAM Customer Service

Started by Racer57, March 29, 2022, 07:28:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Racer57

I have a red 2020 Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie Night Edition with 28,000 miles. March 4th the solenoid/actuator/mechanism that changes the tranny from high range to low range decided that it wanted to be in low range and not come out so I took it to the Dealer. Had to drive 10 miles at 4,000rpm/about 20mph.    March 21st I called Ram and complained that the Dealer hadn't received the part yet. March 24th the part arrived and truck was fixed. March 25th Ram called and wanted to know if truck was fixed yet. I told them it was and that I was 68 and had been buying new trucks for close to 40 years and I was going to have a very hard time buying another Ram. Of course they just gave me the usual I'm sorry blah blah blah.

Today the 29th they called back. Said that since I had waited so long they wanted to make it up to me. For the next 2 years all oil changes and tire rotations at a Dealer would be free. Max $55 oil change. I was stunned and actually asked the guy what the policy would cost me. He laughed and said it wouldn't cost me anything and they hoped I would consider a Ram in the future.  :D

anlauto

WOW....That's pretty cool  :worship: I love my RAM  :inlove:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

Bought my 5.7 Ram new in 2012 and knock wood...not so much as a check engine light. Just now ready to hit 100,000 miles. Perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Racer57

Received an email of the Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan. Its a standard contract that a customer can purchase. It does say 2 years, but it also says 3 times.  Never gave it much thought how many times I have the oil changed in a year or 2.   :D   

gzig5

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.  Good for you.  My Mom would be proud, she was a big proponent of giving feedback back the days when you needed to pick up the phone or put a stamp on a letter.  Many a time a coupon of some sort would be the reward.

I've got a 2020 Laramie which just turned 30k and am very happy with it so far.  Knock on wood.  I'm hoping that it will give better service than the 2013 F150 3.5 that it replaced which blew a turbo and cam timing apparatus to the tune of $7000 with 66,000 miles on the clock. The RAM rides sooooooo much better.

RUNCHARGER

I wish I could share in the happiness.
I bought a 15 and it had one lifter that would pound like crazy occassionally. Not just the "hemi tick" but really pronounced. It came and went but once when it was really bad my wife took it in to the dealer. The kept the truck a week and kept friggen with it until it quit. Then gave it back to me and didn't fix it. I talked to FIAT Canada or whoever it was at the time and they basically told me tough luck and they weren't going to put in a new set of lifters which would have been the right thing to do.
I stupidly bought an 18 and they sent an update out for the radio and fried it. So I had to drive the truck around for 2 months with no radio, no heater control etc. Finally they got one in and changed it.
Then at 50,000 miles (just off warranty) I had a exhaust manifold crack. So I threw on a set of headers because apparently they do this every 50,000 miles.
I love the truck, it is a far better product than the Ferd or GM trucks, better interiors, better electronics etc. However with the bad care I have received the party is over. I have been Mopar dedicated since 1974 but the old Chrysler Corp is history now and my new purchases will be from a different company. Pretty sad really, my Dad was strictly Mopar from 1952, then I and my brothers carried that on but it's done now.
Sheldon

anlauto

Got to get my Neighbour one of these...

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration