Main Menu

RT Specialties

Started by truckinman466, November 29, 2018, 04:35:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

truckinman466

Has anyone ever dealt with RT Specialties? I ordered something from their website and have not gotten a response from them. PayPal sent me a receipt for the payment. They don't answer the phone.

Cuda Cody

He has a ton of great products, but from what I understand he does it all himself so communications can sometimes take a bit.  I've found it better to deal with Guys like @MoparDave  who can get the same items and often for less than what I pay directly.  Might be worth seeing if Dave has an account with RT Specialties.

truckinman466

John at Roseville moparts referred me to them because they didn't have what I need.

Ric

I have dealt with Tom on multiple occasions , keep calling ,betting after noon EST, he does deliver on his product, Never had an issue... ask him about the all the rain he has gotten, usually that gets him going..... :D

tman

They will come thru, just need to be patient.

Rich G.

I have plenty of times. He has a huge supply at the Mopar show in Carlisle. Just order on the site and you'll probably get it right away. I never could get him on the phone!

1 Wild R/T

I've known Tom since the mid 80's, he has more little items than anyone else & he mostly only sells to other vendors these days... But as you found there are times when those other vendors don't carry everything.... He's a great guy but he is a one man show so if anything else needs his attention you may not get the service you expect....  He has acreage that needs maintenance as winter arrives, not making excuses just stating the facts... He will answer the phone usually later in the day or early evening...

truckinman466

Ok, I'll give him some time

340Challman

Quote from: truckinman466 on November 29, 2018, 08:01:33 PM
Ok, I'll give him some time

Sorry guys, but I need to bring up this old topic.

@truckinman466 I assume that you did get your order. How long did it take? Were you ever able to get him on the phone?

I made the mistake of placing an order with him without knowing his staffing situation. I read all of the posts about him being a one man show after I placed my order. My problem is that I need the items I purchased and don't really want to wait a month. So how did this all pan out for you?

If anyone else has placed orders with him recently and can provide times they experienced, it will help me decide if I should start looking for a different option.
Thanks.
Kevin

VCODE

Tom is a Great guy, I have been to his place many times. It is a large warehouse full of all the parts you need.
Just call him after 11:00 and let it ring he always answers my calls. Order on line and he picks and packs the parts that day.
I always see the mailman when I go.
Bob