Main Menu

instruments specialties black suede interior paint

Started by realn96, November 04, 2017, 02:32:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

realn96

My question to everyone is, Has anyone used their suede dash paint that they sell ? Its the lacquer made by ppg..I bought the paint from them and finally getting to it now. I bought the correct dtl16 ppg thinner . Sprayed all the interior parts on top of epoxy primer and it feels like to much texture to me? I don't know if that's correct or not? Your thoughts?? :popcorn:

6bblgt

what car & year are you working on - just the metal parts of the dash/column get sprayed with the suede paint
E-bodies seem to have less texture than 1968-'70 b-bodies

I used it on this '69 RR dash & happy with the texture, not sure if the same texture would be correct for an E-body or '71-'74 B  :dunno:

realn96

71 cuda  And yes just the metal parts you mentioned I am painting with the suede paint.  . color is black. I took another look at it and it must be correct/ I never used it before so I am not familiar with it. Just seems like maybe too much texture? thx for the reply

Cuda Cody

@realn96  the Suede paint can be a bit tricky to paint.  If it's not done right it will end up having to much texture.  Check out video #3 at about 12:00 minutes in.  I go over the correct way to spray it.

https://www.e-bodies.org/videos/

Convertcuda

Cody I'm trying to find that 3rd video in. Is it still on your site?

Thanks Ken

Cuda Cody

Quote from: Convertcuda on November 04, 2017, 07:14:59 PM
Cody I'm trying to find that 3rd video in. Is it still on your site?

Thanks Ken

It's in the link above and on YouTube.

realn96

Thanks Cody. That's exactly what I needed to see. I found out that when I went  heavy with the paint I liked it better. .  I really wasn't sure if the paint had too  much texture in it because it was so  ruff if you don't go a little heavier.. thx again !! :thankyou:

Convertcuda

Thanks I got it Cody. Great Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken

Convertcuda

I forgot to ask. What tip size on the gun? And what pressure at tip when you spray? How big of fan pattern.

Thanks Ken

Cuda Cody

I run an RP so it's different then normal HVLP guns.  The pattern is pretty much normal wide fan just like painting cars.

Quote from: Convertcuda on November 05, 2017, 04:30:08 AM
I forgot to ask. What tip size on the gun? And what pressure at tip when you spray? How big of fan pattern.

Thanks Ken

realn96

One last question,does the inside of the glove box her paint the suede  black or just semi black? Thx

Cuda Cody

The glove box is cardboard.  The door is suede (front and back).