Main Menu

Rust Valley auction

Started by blenheim-boy, July 18, 2021, 05:21:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

SgtSuperbird

I kind of wondered why there was no new season... :notsure:

anlauto

Interesting...wonder why he's selling everything ? :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

I wonder what the good mopars are that will be available. 
With 500 cars there must be some low lying parts cars and a prime cherry or two.     Any clue? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

I would bet he's keeping the best cars for himself and just clearing out the junk.. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mr Lee

Quote from: anlauto on July 18, 2021, 05:37:37 AM
Interesting...wonder why he's selling everything ? :dunno:

I guess it's hard to make money doing what they were trying to do?  Putting so much time and money into a car and in the end it's worth less than what you put into it.  Maybe all those parts cars he has don't lend enough usable parts to the project car.  It may take 3 cars to make one good one and on top of that you still need thousands of dollars worth of new parts and countless hours.  Probably better off selling the cars, then having the customer bring them back to him to do the work and just charging shop rate.  Shrug 
Or, maybe he just wants to kick back and got tired of all the hastle. 

Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

torredcuda

I think the guy is up there in age and probably realized he can`t restore them all so might as well stop hoarding and cash out while he can.  :dunno:
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

tparker

If you watched the show then you realize that the common theme was to get rid of all the cars. Of course much of it is hyped for TV, but they acknowledge the expense trying to do what they do. Also I can't help but to wonder how much the cars deteriorate year by year. Also, he has lots of cars, most are junk. Or if not junk, not high on the desirable list. His best cars have probably been built and sold or are not for sale.

I love the show. I wonder if this sale is part of another season. I thought we JUST got a season a about 6 months ago or so.