Main Menu

Vic Edelbrock Jr passes away

Started by 303 Mopar, June 10, 2017, 04:45:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

From the Edelbrock site:
It's with deep sadness that we announce the untimely death of our visionary and leader Vic Edelbrock Jr. Vic passed away this evening from complications following a recent cold. His passing was peaceful and in the company of his closest friends and family. The Edelbrock Fun Team sends their deepest condolences to his family and will always hold him in our hearts.

Bills Auto Works

I got to speak to him for a few minutes @ 2016 SEMA show, nice man who did a lot for our hobby.

RIP Vic!

God Bless
Bill
YOUR QUALITY MOPAR TRANSPORTER SINCE 1983!

Brads70

Wow, like who hasn't used one of his products before.  :bye:

JS29

Cuda Cody

1 Wild R/T

Great man, he did allot to keep the hobby alive in spite of government regulation.... RIP Vic...

Chryco Psycho

A big loss for sure  ,RIP  :andyangel:
I bet his Daughter will run the show now  I have met her in the past also .
As with most companies they are mainly Gm focused unfortunatly but then Gm need 100 x as many parts as Mopars do lol

Solarguy

I saw him last August at Limerock Park in Connecticut during the vintage Trans Am car races.  It was his 80th birthday weekend.  He was driving Smokey Yunicks Trans Am Camaro his daughter was driving the Mustang.  I was walking through the paddock and  when I came to his trailer, he was outside with the family eating lunch.  I asked if it was ok to snap a pic and he gave me the thumbs up go ahead. 

RUNCHARGER

An icon. I was thinking last night how they brought that company through the gas crunch 70's and all the other bumps in the road and somehow he kept growing the company while others fell by the wayside. I also respect how they cast their stuff in their own country rather than go the easy way like others have.
Sheldon

jimynick

I got to meet him a few years ago in Watkins Glen at the Vintage F1 race weekend where he and daughter Cami were running their cars- including that black and gold Camaro, and he was friendly and approachable. The aftermarket speed industry and racers everywhere have lost a stalwart supporter and my condolences go out to the Edelbrock family in this, their moment of sorrow.  :bye:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

RUNCHARGER

I didn't realize he lived up here about 100 miles away from me for 6 months of the year.
Sheldon