Previous topic Next topic

Floyd

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

larry4406

Floyd - weren't you in the reproduction Mopar signage biz for a while?

Floyd

Yes, that was my sign, along with this one.  Also a ridiculous price, but not 29.5K crazy.

anlauto

Are you saying this is your reproduction selling for almost $30K ?  :o or is this an original ? :clueless:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Floyd

Yes, both designs were licensed reproductions produced in the late 90s.  It seems like they sell in the 800-1200 range lately but every once and a while someone goes absolutely nuts.  There was a Mecum a year a two back where each sold for 10K if memory serves.  Should have priced them higher...😂

JH27N0B

Thanks Bruce, looks like the sign you sold me 10 years ago has appreciated quite handsomely!  :cheers:
As the saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted.  I wonder if after the bidder won, if anyone tapped him on the shoulder and said, excuse me, you are aware that sign you just bought is a reproduction made less than 20 years ago right?  :drunk:
It will probably be hanging in the same garage the $300,000 AAR is headed to.  :alan2cents:

Floyd

Hey Brad - I love seeing postings like yours and seeing one of my signs hanging on the wall in the shop.  Pretty satisfying 😃. Now, getting almost 30K for one would be even more satisfying I suppose...

anlauto

Wow...that's amazing....was it misrepresented, or just an uneducated buyer ? Or someone just didn't care ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Floyd

No idea.  I've never been to one of those auctions but I imagine there's a carnival atmosphere mixed with alcohol and ego.  Either way, if you have that kind of money, it probably isn't a big deal either way. Hope he's happy with it.

MKA

Sounds like the market is telling you to fire the "re" production line back up.   :wowzers:   :takemymoney: 

mccannix

At that rate original 1969 ones should be worth 50 Grand I guess

Brads70

LOL that sign went for 2x what I paid for my car 12 years ago.  :looney:

YYZ

I still like mine.  Wish I'd bought the RTS one from you as well.

Cuda_mark

@Floyd Sounds like you need to make another batch!!! Were you at Carlisle in the early 2000's handing out business cards with the signs on it? I remember seeing these one year and I thought they were really cool. I wanted to buy one but, at that point, I was still buying sheet metal for my car. I couldn't justify buying it at that point. I assumed they would always be around.