Main Menu

Reproduction Scat Pack Lighted 3D Sign

Started by schlett7nu1, May 11, 2020, 06:01:18 AM

Previous topic Next topic

schlett7nu1

Looking for one of two reproduction 3D Scat Pack lighted signs for my new shop.  One was available in the late 90's and the other was available in the mid-2000's.  Neither are currently being reproduced.  Both versions are shown in the attached images.  Any help is appreciated.

Cuda Cody

Those are dang cool.  Good luck finding it.  Will look good in any garage.

JH27N0B

The first picture was the one made by member Floyd.  I think the one I bought around 10 years ago was one of the last ones he sold!  :cheers:

anlauto

Yea, I've heard even the reproductions are hard to find and command a pretty penny these days... :bigmoney: Pretty cool piece if you can find one  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mccannix

Floyds repros are a very colorful, durable and came on the market at just the right time.
His Rapid Transit ones are seldom seen these days as well.
The second one shown was manufactured by Gardiner Exhaust earlier, and I believe they only made 500 or so.
Very difficult to find these days and are a knock-off of the originals in size, etc, although there are some differences verses originals.
Agreed, either one command good $$ today.

JS29

JS29

larry4406

Maybe Floyd still has the molds/patterns and is willing to make another run?

schlett7nu1

Good idea.  Do you have Floyd's contact info or member name?  There is a Maryland member registered as Floyd.  However, he's only been a member since April 2017. 
thanks

JH27N0B

That's him, @Floyd  is Bruce who made the signs' forum name.  He made both the Scat Pack sign and also cool Rapid Transit system sign.  He got out of that business I think but hopefully he will post on this thread to confirm.

CudaMoparRay

Definitely following this thread from my garage decor  :takemymoney:

schlett7nu1

I reached out to Bruce. He confirmed that he had produced the sign. He indicated he produced around 600 Bees and 250 Rapid Transit System signs. However, he indicated that he will not be producing more. Too bad. I believe the market is there.

750-h2

I bought mine at the Mopar Nats about 20 years ago. Same guy was selling those and the Rapid Transit signs. If I remember correctly price was $250.

schlett7nu1

Nice. Keep me in mind if you decide to sell. I'd be happy to throw an offer at you.
Thanks
Dereck