Main Menu

Severe weather season is here

Started by Burdar, March 06, 2017, 06:50:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Timbbuc2

Schools already closing in some parts of Alabama , expecting bad storms tomorrow.
Get in, I'll drive

ec_co

its weird weather season for Colorado. 60+ degrees Sunday, 58 degrees yesterday, woke up this AM to 8" of snow ....... tomorrow it will all be melted and back into the 50s    :popcorn:
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Oldschool

We will be under the threat of violent weather/tornadoes pretty much all day tomorrow.... :rebelflag"   :o

Brads70

Quote from: Oldschool on April 04, 2017, 01:46:57 PM
We will be under the threat of violent weather/tornadoes pretty much all day tomorrow.... :rebelflag"   :o

That would just flat out freak me out!  :o

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Brads70 on April 04, 2017, 01:49:26 PM

Yeah you should see one in person that will freak you out.  :rebelflag"
Get in, I'll drive

Brads70

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on April 04, 2017, 02:25:01 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on April 04, 2017, 01:49:26 PM

Yeah you should see one in person that will freak you out.  :rebelflag"

I was in Alabama and just missed one. Rain drops about 2-3 inches on the windshield, sky was green and windy. We were at some convenience store looking at a buy and sell ( I was hunting cars! :) )  When my Dad said  uh its time to get the f..k out of here. We drove down the road some and tons of emergency vehicles, military etc went screaming by. We noticed a semi truck and trailer laying on its side about 100 yards in a field with no tires marks? We couldn't figure out how the heck that happened? ( Stupid northerners! LOL) We got to a hotel room later that night and turned on the TV and discovered the same convenience store/ gas station we were at was leveled . Lots of destruction all around that area too. It was not far from Cullman ( Hey I wonder how Moaral is doing?)  Next day we drove to Georgia " hunting" . We ended up going back to Cullman and I bought a 55 Chevy Belair shell and towed it home.
Had a local tornado here in Barrie in 1985 , lots of damage . A guy I know who crewed on a local circle track car lost his son in that one. Found him impaled to a tree. He was never the same... :(' 
I REALLY don't like tornadoes! I'll take the snow any day!   :thumbdown:

Oldschool

Round one of the day just blew through here. It was dark as night outside for about an hour with heavy rain and lots of lightning. Just plain old rain now, but they are saying that a couple more rounds to go before we are done. They say each round will be worse than the one before it because of the additional heat in the atmosphere. Lucky me.....   

Brads70

Quote from: Oldschool on April 05, 2017, 06:40:42 AM
Round one of the day just blew through here. It was dark as night outside for about an hour with heavy rain and lots of lightning. Just plain old rain now, but they are saying that a couple more rounds to go before we are done. They say each round will be worse than the one before it because of the additional heat in the atmosphere. Lucky me.....

:unbelievable:  Stay safe!

Blake@diyhemi.com

That weather was here in Louisiana this weekend, so I know exactly what you are talking about. Stay safe!
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Rev-It-Up

It's just starting to get real over here in Loganville. ⛈🌬🌪
Rev-It-Up

Oldschool

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on April 05, 2017, 07:01:16 AM

It's just starting to get real over here in Loganville. ⛈🌬🌪

Y'all keep your heads down. It looks like another round is lining up in Alabama and heading our way.....    :o

Timbbuc2

I am in Centre Alabama Northern part of the state), first wave not bad. But They are saying when it warms up that is when it has a chance of bad stuff.
Get in, I'll drive

Rev-It-Up

Ever wonder what the underside of a fire truck looks like?  :unbelievable: Not sure if this is weather related or not. Just happened outside my neighborhood. I love living in a small town where the sheriff keeps us all informed!
Rev-It-Up

Oldschool

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on April 05, 2017, 08:32:35 AM
Ever wonder what the underside of a fire truck looks like?  :unbelievable: Not sure if this is weather related or not. Just happened outside my neighborhood. I love living in a small town where the sheriff keeps us all informed!

I have seen the underside of fire trucks many times, just not while they were laying on their sides...    :rofl:  Whoops....

MOPAR FANATIC

:unbelievable: And I thought about storm chasing after I retire,now you guys and gals got me  :thinking: might not be the best idea I ever had