Main Menu

Severe weather season is here

Started by Burdar, March 06, 2017, 06:50:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Timbbuc2

Tornado's are so scary,  Living in Alabama I do have a shelter. Built it myself. 12" thick concrete walls with r-bar, will hold up to 15 people.
Get in, I'll drive

Brads70

HP_Cuda

Does anyone disagree our weather patterns are getting more severe?

Hurricanes, tornadoes, breaking heat records? 

I'm glad this year was somewhat mild for Norcal but I think the next seven years are going to be hot and very dry.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

1 Wild R/T

Weather has always been cyclical... Sometimes it's mild for a few years & sometimes it gets pretty wild.....  :alan2cents:

HP_Cuda

I don't know if I want to go through another 7 year drought with 100 degree weather is all.

:bricks:

70/6chall

Weather can be cyclical 1wildRT (Randy) is spot on here. Seems to run hot and cold, even our meteorologists are throwing darts at the weather dart board. Weather reports will surprise you daily. Here's ours in SoCal presently.   Thanks,   Al

1 Wild R/T

Here's Modesto rainfall totals back to 1888.... Looks cyclical to me... Lets hope we don't see another rainfall total like 1913....

http://www.mid.org/weather/wthr-hist2.jsp

HP_Cuda

Holy moley 4" of rain for the year? I saw that a couple of times in the 20's - thats nuts.

How about 1983 when it dumped 23" of rain - seem to remember that.

1 Wild R/T

There's a reason we use to build dams....

RUNCHARGER

We have a bunch of forest fires going again. Pretty much normal for the season. It seems like they are more severe however I believe it is only because they don't respond to them as well as they used to. More university guys having meetings and less water bombers in the air.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 21, 2018, 08:32:13 AM
We have a bunch of forest fires going again. Pretty much normal for the season. It seems like they are more severe however I believe it is only because they don't respond to them as well as they used to. More university guys having meetings and less water bombers in the air.

Yup... Sitting at a round table discussing "Maybe it should be left to burn?      Fire fighting is dangerous, have they got an app for that?"  Lets just put the damn fire out already.....     

Then we have lots of bare ground & the rain comes along & we get landslides....   Imagine that...

cuda hunter

We are at the end of an ice age.  It's probably only going to get hotter over the next several thousand years.
After some ten's of thousands of years we will cool off again.

Where I live would have been under Glaciers 17000 years ago. Somewhere between there and 15000 years the glaciers broke way and humans first came wandering into this area.  We have lots of documented archeological sites in the 12000 year range in our area.  There are much fewer at 15000 years ago here.  However there are many 15000 year sites just over our mountains.  It took a couple thousand years before this area was opened for hunting.
  These people would have dealt with packs of horse size Dire wolves and saber toothed tigers.  Mammoths can be found in our area as they were here as well.  15000 years is a pretty short amount of time to loose most of the big mammals on the planet.  The warming trend has killed lots of things. 
Global warming is a sham.  Water pollution is not.   
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Chryco Psycho

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Chryco Psycho

Crazy Hail in Calgary yesterday  :Thud: