Main Menu

Shaker base plate and Holley carburetor

Started by WCC, May 09, 2018, 07:48:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

WCC

usraptor

Here's the pictures of my Shaker Assembly with the hood up.  Please excuse the dust/lint/debris.  I was polishing the car all day with a DA and didn't get a chance to wipe it off yet.

WCC

BIGSHCLUNK

Just ordered a drop base off ebay. Maybe now I can get mine mine to sit the way I want it too without a major engineering project  :ohyeah: Dont know yet If I'm going to use my base plate... I'll look at it on another day. 

BIGSHCLUNK

@usraptor  looking at your base plate pic I cant tell if you put the drop base down on the base plate or made you cut out and came up from the bottom before riveting. Can you clarify?   :notsure:
Thanks

usraptor

I put the Holley drop metal air cleaner base under the shaker base plate before riveting.  I also added some gasket maker between the two surfaces first before riveting to make sure the connection between the two was airtight.  Hope this helps.
Brad

BIGSHCLUNK

Quote from: usraptor on May 30, 2018, 06:24:15 AM
I put the Holley drop metal air cleaner base under the shaker base plate before riveting.  I also added some gasket maker between the two surfaces first before riveting to make sure the connection between the two was airtight.  Hope this helps.
Brad

THANK YOU  :ohyeah: