Main Menu

So what's your pop-up ?

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, February 01, 2022, 06:33:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

pop up notwithstanding, what's being presented is a little odd by itself IMO. Yes I know there is a "need". No body in my circles has ever  had to use one. And hopefully won't. I could see it on a AARP site, or similar. But an auto forum?  ::)   :thinking: 

Spikedog08

Quote from: headejm on February 01, 2022, 10:34:01 AM
:headbang: P.I.T.A.

Did I mention that this site is the slowest to load and most unreliable site that I visit on the web?  :bricks:

@headejm  . . The issue is the bots like to attack the popular sites and we have a lot of activity so we are a target.  I too experience slow downs  . . Not an easy fix.
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

headejm

Thanks @Spikedog08! I was just venting a little. I visit this site nearly every day and some days are better than others. Also, I use an iPad and I don't believe pop up blockers work on those. So, I get to see the infamous mortuary transport ad several times a day. Like I said, very frustrating.

Spikedog08

Quote from: headejm on February 01, 2022, 10:11:59 PM
Thanks @Spikedog08! I was just venting a little. I visit this site nearly every day and some days are better than others. Also, I use an iPad and I don’t believe pop up blockers work on those. So, I get to see the infamous mortuary transport ad several times a day. Like I said, very frustrating.

Yeah I too use an iPad a lot . . Did notice I got the same ad.   The slow down is frustrating and something we try to overcome but the challenge is real.  Lots of bots out there bombarding us all the time.  Wish there was a better solution . . 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

dodj

Hmmmm...today...full page!
:thumbdown:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

BIGSHCLUNK

I got a new one today about data mining   :rubeyes: