Main Menu

Something is Growing in my Back Lot.....Updated Fathers Day.

Started by DAYLEY/CHALLENGER, April 03, 2019, 07:18:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Quote from: HP_Cuda on April 05, 2019, 12:21:37 PM

Hmm I wonder if putting in skylights would also help with lighting in there.

Anyway, looking good. Any problems with cooling a metal building?

I have a neighbor that said he had a building he had skylights in and in the winter  helped with heating but summer, was bad in it.  Guess i will see how this summer goes. 

Chryco Psycho

That is awesome , & crazy fast to get a building together  :bigthumb:

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Well, getting things moved. Still arranging, like moving furniture, never ending , the wife is glad to have her garage back.

Brads70

You know...... with that empty garage you "could" have room for "another" car? Just saying!  :Stirring:

:haha:

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

The wife really wants a 65 or66 Mustang Convertable.  Then she would have to share the garage again with the Jeep.

Timbbuc2

That looks good, hmm would be a shame to waste all that extra space :clapping:
Get in, I'll drive

RusTy/SE

Congratulations! I wouldn't know how to act with that in my back yard :perfect10:

I had an estimate done last week for two 40-50ft pine tree removals ($600 each) and another pine tree in my front for $550 plus three oak limbs which have grown over the house for $750. But the end result is like yourself to have a metal garage/shop in something close to 20' x 25". Eighty bucks a month in storage unit rental is like death by a thousand cuts :takemymoney: :stop: 
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

nsmall

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Thanks all for the comments,  still moving stuff around.  Found a few things I forgot I had.  Anyway, a couple more pics

I put a lot of the shop tools on casters.  Easy roll into a good spot to use and then put away.  Table saw/belt sander, radial arm saw/miter saw/edger, band saw, planer, .  May have to make the table with the router, vice, drum sander, workmate vice portable too. Keeps the floor more open and can then blow out dust and junk out the door after completing jobs.

Cuda Cody

That turned out great.  Nice job.   :clapping:

Timbbuc2

That really looks good David,  looks well built
Get in, I'll drive

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Thanks all.  I am still considering insulating the walls  and covering with either plywood or OSB.   Of course that could wait until closer to fall/winter.  Another reason for having the tools on casters.  Easy to move.  I have a ton of Coke stuff, but not going to clutter.  My wife said....don't tacky it up!

YellowThumper

Looks really good. Jealous of the space.
I recommend at minimum that you insulate the sidewall next to where challenger is. This will prevent heating and chilling that side more than the rest.

Did I say jealous?

Mike.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Chryco Psycho

That is a great addition , I would be living in there !!

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 18, 2019, 01:17:42 PM
That is a great addition , I would be living in there !!

Thanks Chryco.........I am going to order a tv antenna and see if I can pick up some channels.  The wife said I need a clock and one coworker wanted to know if the hammock was up yet.......I am spending a little time up there..........!!  Oh........got to get me a small fridge too......!  And the son mentioned we are going to work on getting my house WiFi a little stronger.  Got to have that access....... :fingerscrossed: