Main Menu

Something is Growing in my Back Lot.....Updated Fathers Day.

Started by DAYLEY/CHALLENGER, April 03, 2019, 07:18:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Thanks  dougdel.......I will investigate the insulation company.  I did have the top insulated with the 1/2" bubble...reflective on the top side, white on showing side.

As far as the hood blackout on the golf cart.............This was when I and my son redid the golf cart......it has since gone in disrepair and has been stored for a while.  This was the son that passed in December.  We did the hood blackout to match as close as we could to the Challenger.....I will tweak it some when I get it going again.

These pics were made back in Sept of 2011.

Chryco Psycho

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Update....  the wife got the garage for her Jeep of course when I moved the Challenger to my building. We have done a little changing around and she is now calling this her room. Moving a little bit of CocaCola stuff down from the bonus room.

We originally had the RaceDeck material around the pool, but hot weather really made the plastic too hot for the feet and it was slippery too.

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Anyone who buys from Harbor Freight, they have some good items. Wanted to of course add lights in the building for night time work. They had the 4 foot, 5000 lumin led lights for $20.  I got three, thinking I may need 6. Wrong.  These things are great.  3 is a plenty.  Ran pvc conduit and a plug in at each drop. Worked out great.

Timbbuc2

That's looking great David, does the coke machine work?
Get in, I'll drive

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on May 30, 2019, 06:51:21 PM
That's looking great David, does the coke machine work?

The coke machine is a Westinghouse and is a 10 cent machine. It holds 240 of the 6 oz bottles. They are loaded like a carousel parking garage. Insert money, the rack turns and out drops a Coke. Yep it works. Of course, can't make any money selling at 10 cents!

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Dakota

Looks like you have yourself a great arrangement in the garage.   I have some woodworking stuff in our basement and am constantly struggling to contain the sawdust so I don't contaminate the ventilation system.   Your arrangement looks like you'd mostly need just a leaf blower to clean up.

The guy that lives next door to my sister has a couple of classic cars including a numbers matching '70(?) Chevelle that he's working on.   While the cars are cool, what really caught my eye was the huge car lift he purchased from a local dealership that went out of business, plus a set of stairs that went directly from the garage to the basement where all the parts are stored.   

I'm rapidly developing an appreciation for where/how people work on their cars as much as the cars themselves.  Congrats on your new arrangements!

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Yes...Thanks Dakota........I have most of the woodworking stuff on casters and actually yesterday had some band saw work to do , so rolled it to the door, cut and then blowed out the door any dust.  Some of course will blow back in but most is easy cleanup.....

YellowThumper

Super jealous...
I have my cars on casters to allow a few inches more of working room.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

JH27N0B

One thing I did when I built my new garage 10 years ago, that I am very glad I did, is install a ceiling fan.
I insulated my ceiling using these Styrofoam vents stapled to the plywood sheets on the roof going from the peak where there are vents, down to the gable, before I installed the bats of insulation.
One problem I do have sometimes in summer is that I will get condensation on the walls and even on the paper for the insulation on the ceiling, and it will even drip a little on the cars! I could leave the ceiling fan on 24/7 all summer to maybe stop that, but really don't want to do that.  I'd like to find a way to prevent that from happening.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Yes Alan ,have some room but you would be surprised how quick it goes away!

Today, Father's Day, got a nice gift from my sons family that passed away back in Dec. A 36" industrial high velocity fan. Two speeds. That thing will push some air!   Also from my other son, something to put on my new building .....pic attached.  Going to make me a frame and hang between the doors! So proud of both of my sons, one still with us and one on Heaven.