Main Menu

Spare parts and tools for a road trip........What do you guys bring?

Started by Cudakiller70, January 24, 2017, 09:16:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudakiller70

Planning on driving our car further this year 600 mile round trip.
May need a trailer to haul everything :rofl: at some point you gotta stop :looney: maybe I'll bring a spare car.
You'll have to make up your own mind on what to bring or not. :stayinlane:

AAA card, cell phone and phone charger.
Fire extinguisher
Small Basic tool kit, sockets, screw drivers, vise grips, gloves, duct tape, flashlight.
Tire plug kit
Small 12V air compressor
Fix a flat
Ballast resistor
Ignition control box ecu
Voltage regulator
For SB water pump bypass hose
Fuses
Cooler/water for yourself and car if needed
Radiator stop leak
Depending on season and local a blanket/thermal blanket.
Ratchet straps/tie downs....
Oil
Zip ties
Bailing wire
Fan and PS belt
DEI Quick fix tape
Jumper wire
Traffic Reflector safety light

Cuda Cody

Great topic!  We don't think much about this stuff until we need.   Years ago @wanderlustin  gave me a check list of stuff, but I can't seem to find it now.  Maybe he'll chime in?  :fingerscrossed:

71GranCoupe

You have a good start to your list. I always take a cooler, even if just water. May need some for the radiator. An extra qt of oil.  Usually have a blanket too. Cell phone is a must. Knowing what part of the country you are driving through may indicate more things to have. Tie downs in case you find that certain NOS mopar fender, LOL.  :cheers:

303 Mopar

Basic tools, duct tape, zip ties, wiring, but most importantly a AAA card and a cell phone.

Cudakiller70

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on January 24, 2017, 10:33:52 PM
You have a good start to your list. I always take a cooler, even if just water. May need some for the radiator. An extra qt of oil.  Usually have a blanket too. Cell phone is a must. Knowing what part of the country you are driving through may indicate more things to have. Tie downs in case you find that certain NOS mopar fender, LOL.  :cheers:
Had a freinds brother get stuck going to either Reno or Tahoe, can't remember, but they were stuck on the road due to weather 12-14 hours, no water, no food. He now has some of both when he travels.

Quote from: 303 Mopar on January 25, 2017, 07:34:13 AM
Basic tools, duct tape, zip ties, wiring, but most importantly a AAA card and a cell phone.
For the money and the service hard to beat AAA,.

Thanks guys!

HP_Cuda

A six pack and an inflatable doll

Well it worked in Airplane right? :)
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

Found a copy of this in one of my cars....

Click to Enlarge Photos

wanderlustin

The website appears to be no more but you can find that article in June, 2004 edition of Mopar Action.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Cuda Cody

Cudakiller70

Marc70challenger

"DEI Quick Fix tape is ideal for emergency hose repairs, electrical splices, and connections. It's also great for use as a non-slip grip surface for tools and as a temporary leak sealer. DEI Quick Fix tape is extruded from a special high performance silicone compound and is engineered at 700 psi tensile strength. This tape has insulating capabilities up to 8,000 volts and stretches to three times its length for a simple stretch-and-wrap application. DEI Quick Fix tape has a triangular profile that provides a smooth edge when overlapping tape. Quick Fix tape is corrosion and moisture-resistant and resists solvents, oils, fuel, acids, and chemical spills. Use it to bundle and wrap wires, weatherproof connections, and more!"    https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/dei-010491/overview/

Initially developed for military use.  I use it all time. Wiring wrap, to protect lines near edges, tool handles. Self adhesive.  It can work as a belt as well.