Main Menu

Specific E-body Convertible Group

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, April 18, 2020, 08:17:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

Not trying to ruffle feathers so delete if inappropriate. Some of us with e body verts thought it would be fun to have a specific Facebook group relating to these cars. I like the other Facebook group as much as this forum but convertible posts get buried fast under the heavy volume of everything else.

We started a discussion about the need and whether such a group already existed and it was quickly deleted so apparently that's a no-no. Not finding a specific e body vert group, I made this one but if there's already one out there, please advise.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/222077699116416/?ref=share

The idea is it would be open to all enthusiasts, e body verts of all types and conditions, and also a place to buy/sell vert specific parts. It would not see a heavy volume of daily posts but that's also part of the appealing my opinion. If the shared link doesn't work, search groups for "E-body Convertibles"

anlauto

I'm not active whatsoever on Facebook, but it seems to me that if you start it, promote it.....like minded people are likely to find it and join. The success is something that I imagine will take time.....Sounds like a good idea to me.....they are a pretty unique low production vehicles  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

What I'd really like is for Cody or someone to add such a group. He does a great job facilitating this forum and the Facebook page. I have no interest in competing with his success though I don't see it really as competing since people join multiple groups depending on their interests. I definitely don't have time but this group of enthusiasts seem very well behaved so management is probably not much trouble.

If someone wants to take it over or create a better one, they will get no push back from me! I just like scrolling through cool stuff in the morning while I drink my coffee.

JH27N0B

I'd be interested but I've steered clear of Facebook (along with Instagram and Twitter)
Has anyone ever started an E body convertible registry?  It would be great if there was one.  I know Ole Neilson (sp?) has documented them but not sure if that's a full blown registry or information he's personally compiled over the years and shared. A registry with a website and chat room would fill the need.

superdave

I have no clue what I'm doing but I might be interested in taking that on. :thinking: I'm not a real fan of Facebook, some presence there is probably a good idea but it would be nice to have a one off of this site perhaps. Thoughts?? :dunno:
    Regards, Dave

Rich G.

71cudaddict

Yes we need a convert forum thank you

anlauto

I wouldn't be surprised of Ola Nelson has something already going on Facebook ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

The past few weeks I've done a number of different searches and I kept coming up empty. I found one that was a page but that's different than a group. I'm definitely not a social media junkie and hardly a big fan of Facebook but I see the value in a place like that where people can chit chat about their hobby and share stuff. Really it's not that much different than this forum except more of a streamlined way of getting your daily car fix.

The true knowledge base is on the forum in my opinion. I have posted technical questions on the forum and also the e body Facebook page and received far better information on the forum.

Cody has a Facebook page for e bodies now if people were unaware of that. It's really great but it's so big and popular now that posts get buried fast.

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: superdave on April 18, 2020, 10:36:31 AM
I have no clue what I'm doing but I might be interested in taking that on. :thinking: I'm not a real fan of Facebook, some presence there is probably a good idea but it would be nice to have a one off of this site perhaps. Thoughts?? :dunno:
    Regards, Dave

Go ahead and join. I'll make you an admin guy to see if you feel like doing it. I suppose the only thing to do is approve new members and periodically delete inappropriate posts.

1ownr

Is it possible for Cody to add another Section For "Convertibles" such as the "New Members" Section is. Able to post in a specific area, but accessible for everyone.

benlavigne

I am an admin on an A66-specific Facebook group, it's nice to discuss specifics of that model, but discussions are not as detailed as on a forum, but most people like the FB format better now.... Be specific in your questions to new members and don't be afraid to reject more requests than you accept, lots of people stop when they see a questionnaire, but you still get it as a member request...
I also set up a website through GoDaddy with links to the FB group (And E-bodies.org!) www.a66challenger.com

Ola would definitely be a good person to involve in a registry project, he's already got a lot of info

Ben

BIGSHCLUNK

I'd be good with a "vert section here... go figure...  :drinkingbud:

70 Challenger Lover

I looked up ola on Facebook. There are a hundred people with that name. If someone wants to share the link with him...

cuda hunter

I think a convertible section here would be great.
My problem with facebook is all the very unnecessary posts. It gets very mundane.  I'm a member of ebodies facebook but I don't enjoy it near as much as talking with you guys.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee