Main Menu

1970 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 47800 Miles Red Atlantis Motor Group

Started by MasonDaniel7, December 31, 2020, 11:15:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

E74cuda

anlauto

Although it's a 70 and not a 71, it's a nice documented big block 4 speed in a great colour combo with great factory options...I agree the asking price is a little high, but it for sure into six figures in my opinion... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Great looking car. I wonder how many mechanical issues would have to be worked out, I think at that price point the shaker hurts the value.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

Funny that in their description, they say it's a 71.  Priced like a 71!  Even though it's a little high even for a 71.
I'd hazard a guess it's an 80-95K car as it sits.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

E74cuda

Quote from: JH27N0B on January 01, 2021, 08:00:06 AM
Funny that in their description, they say it's a 71.  Priced like a 71!  Even though it's a little high even for a 71.
I'd hazard a guess it's an 80-95K car as it sits.

I agree with the price estimate. In my opinion there's a lot of things that I would want to correct. I don't like the painted undercarriage. That happened to a lot of cars around 20 years ago. I have a friend that bought one like this and he spent around 20k to correct everything.

RacerX

Quote from: anlauto on January 01, 2021, 08:07:56 AM
Yea...but....look how shiny each tire is  :) :rofl:

Is that why there is five pictures of wheels/tires?      :thinking:

anlauto

mccannix

Not to hi-jack but Cuda convertible owners get all warm and fuzzy after seeing an ad like that.
My BS27H0B 340-4spd that I first saw in 1975 and then bought in 1981, with original fender tag and b/c sheet intact, is similarily optioned and has lower mileage.
One of 88 built, I valued mine at over $100,000.00 less !!!
I might have to re-think that...if I were ever to get in the mood to sell.

anlauto

Quote from: mccannix on January 02, 2021, 03:45:50 PM
Not to hi-jack but Cuda convertible owners get all warm and fuzzy after seeing an ad like that.
My BS27H0B 340-4spd that I first saw in 1975 and then bought in 1981, with original fender tag and b/c sheet intact, is similarily optioned and has lower mileage.
One of 88 built, I valued mine at over $100,000.00 less !!!
I might have to re-think that...if I were ever to get in the mood to sell.

???? I thought you did sell that car, was that only temporary ? :thinking:

mccannix

A 'caretaker friend' had it for a 1030 miles but it is back in the herd now.

anlauto

Quote from: mccannix on January 02, 2021, 04:32:37 PM
A 'caretaker friend' had it for a 1030 miles but it is back in the herd now.

Now that you mention it, I believe you had told me that before....I'm glad that moment in time all worked out for you :drinkingbud: