Main Menu

Strange night last night(update)

Started by Timbbuc2, April 28, 2019, 08:20:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Timbbuc2

Well last night I was watching reruns of GYC and I heard a loud truck outside, I thought hmm neighbors son coming home THEN I hear 6 shots, I thought what the heck. I live in a small sub-division where nothing happens, maybe a neighbor complains about a dog crapping in his yard. So I cautiously look outside when I saw a woman asking me to turn on my floodlights. Turns out guy stops suddenly in the road and the guy behind bumps him( following too closely) then they came down my road( dead end) when the guy in the second car blocked the road. So they approached the first vehicle to get his information for a police report, then the first guy drove off with the wife of the man of the second car hanging on on the passenger side window and he drove through my yard. That's when the second guy pulls out a glock 9mm and started shooting.  You have to realize I am down for the night with a nice glass of Melot( high quality boxed wine lol) so that's when I called 911. That's when 45 minutes later the police showed up.
Have not found out what finally happened with the police but in my opinion this was a classic case of road rage. The guy that was shooting had his two boys in the back seat after a full day at the ball field.
Never confront someone unless your life or family are being threatened.  I keep a loaded gun in my truck at all times but it is for extreme emergencies .
At the end of the day no one was hurt other than the first guy had a tire shot out. Both guys live in my subdivision..... crazy
Get in, I'll drive

Chryco Psycho

Wow
Society has been getting very good at  divide & conquer , everyone is on edge & mad at everyone add the stress of overworked & underpaid trying to make ends meet .
Society seems to be so fragile !!
Glad you & all involved are unhurt , seemingly anyway  !!

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Chryco Psycho

anlauto

Wow...good thing he had a gun  ::)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bullitt-

Last time I delt with 280 I was primed to take a life.....  :pullinghair:...   
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

ledphoot

That's crazy., hard to believe the things people will resort to in anger.

dodj

45 minutes...

It's why you need your own gun.

Apparently if you need help in your neighbourhood, you have a 45 minute wait?

IMO, the guy who did the shooting should not be allowed to possess firearms anymore. He should be flagged by NICS. The right of gun ownership comes with the responsibility of proper use. Or lose the right.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Timbbuc2

Quote from: dodj on April 29, 2019, 07:42:44 AM
45 minutes...

It's why you need your own gun.

Apparently if you need help in your neighbourhood, you have a 45 minute wait?

IMO, the guy who did the shooting should not be allowed to possess firearms anymore. He should be flagged by NICS. The right of gun ownership comes with the responsibility of proper use. Or lose the right.
The guy doing the shooting was a ex-cop, maybe why he is a ex
Get in, I'll drive

js27

That is crazy--no doubt that society is becoming unhinged. The comments I read above are  part of the problem with society. Just about everyone is blaming the guy with the gun. I will not judge him until I know all the facts. Do you know for sure that the guy in the first car didn't pull a gun on the second guy ? The second guy in fear for his life and his families lives chose to defend himself. Not saying this is what happen but it could have since nobody knows all the facts. DODJ is correct in being able to defend yourself is a must today because police can't be there when you need them. 90% of the time they show up after it is all over. I am not blaming them because they may be miles away when they get the call. I have followed a great many cases here in the US involving shootings only to find out after all the facts are in it is never what it first appears to be. Also PLEASE never leave a gun in you vehicle unattended overnight. This is where a great many criminal get their guns.
JS27

dodj

Quote from: js27 on April 29, 2019, 08:49:46 AM
Not saying this is what happen but it could have since nobody knows all the facts.
I agree. BUT. This was in a suburban area. The situation has to be VERY extreme in order to justify firing a gun amongst houses. Based on what I read, it did not even justify thinking about using a firearm.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

ledphoot

I held an extremely belligerent trespasser at gunpoint for 40 minutes while waiting for the sheriff to show up.... 911 was informed that I was armed and the guy was unstable. That was an extremely stressful situation, I hope I never have to shoot somebody...

anlauto

I think if it's proven that the person firing the gun did so in a reckless matter then his right to EVER own a firearm again should be revoked ...I don't care if he's an ex-cop or not. :alan2cents: The reckless firing of a gun should also carry a prison term, whether the bullets hit a person or not.

You guys can insist on your right to own a gun all you want, but this kind of BS has to stop. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ledphoot

Quote from: anlauto on April 29, 2019, 10:06:45 AM
I think if it's proven that the person firing the gun did so in a reckless matter then his right to EVER own a firearm again should be revoked ...I don't care if he's an ex-cop or not. :alan2cents: The reckless firing of a gun should also carry a prison term, whether the bullets hit a person or not.

You guys can insist on your right to own a gun all you want, but this kind of BS has to stop. :alan2cents:

I cannot disagree with there being penalties for misuse of firearms. I absolutely believe in a fundamental right of self-defense and that the second amendment of the United States Constitution protects our individual right of self-defense with arms. Period.

With that said.. Constitutional rights do have limitations and people who show a pattern of criminal behavior or mental instability should have restrictions placed on their ability to own firearms.

Oldschool

Before passing judgement, the ENTIRE story needs to be heard. BOTH sides. Remember Travon Martin? Everyone blamed the shooter until all the evidence was revealed in court. Patience.........