Main Menu

Strange night last night(update)

Started by Timbbuc2, April 28, 2019, 08:20:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

Brad it's similar north of the border... Kenosha/Racine/Milwaukee. Compounded by the car jacks/the speed freaks w no regard for traffic laws/ road rage. And it's creeping farther and farther out of the hood. I see so much of this shit every week. I've joked that I should run a dash cam when I'm in the company truck. actually as of late I'm seriously considering it.   

Chryco Psycho

The're not expensive so really why not have one

anlauto

How about this "collection" of guns seized in an LA home.....I guess this guy REALLY wanted to protect himself... :haha: :haha:
https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/08/gun-confiscation-massive-huge-firearms-los-angeles-holmby-hills/
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

js27

Quote from: anlauto on May 10, 2019, 09:41:43 AM
How about this "collection" of guns seized in an LA home.....I guess this guy REALLY wanted to protect himself... :haha: :haha:
https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/08/gun-confiscation-massive-huge-firearms-los-angeles-holmby-hills/

He was a collector no doubt-but why were they seized ?? did he commit a crime ?? Just because a person owns a ton of guns -cars-knives--snow globes doesn't make them a criminal.. He must have done something wrong.
JS27

anlauto

Quote from: js27 on May 10, 2019, 11:42:15 AM

He was a collector no doubt-but why were they seized ?? did he commit a crime ?? Just because a person owns a ton of guns -cars-knives--snow globes doesn't make them a criminal.. He must have done something wrong.
JS27

Did you read the updates ?
6:10 PM PT -- We're told one man was arrested inside the house for the crime of selling, possessing or transporting illegal assault weapons. We do not know if he was a squatter or had permission to live in the home. As we reported, the owner hasn't lived there in years and is now in Europe. 
4:23 PM PT -- The ATF now says, "Pursuant to an anonymous tip ATF and LAPD became aware of an individual conducting illegal firearms transactions outside the scope of the federal firearm license that the individual possesses." The ATF says they have seized more than 1,000 firearms, adding the public is in no danger.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

ledphoot

Quote from: anlauto on May 10, 2019, 11:49:31 AM
Quote from: js27 on May 10, 2019, 11:42:15 AM

JS27

Did you read the updates ?
6:10 PM PT -- We're told one man was arrested inside the house for the crime of selling, possessing or transporting illegal assault weapons. We do not know if he was a squatter or had permission to live in the home. As we reported, the owner hasn't lived there in years and is now in Europe. 
4:23 PM PT -- The ATF now says, "Pursuant to an anonymous tip ATF and LAPD became aware of an individual conducting illegal firearms transactions outside the scope of the federal firearm license that the individual possesses." The ATF says they have seized more than 1,000 firearms, adding the public is in no danger.

This occurred right here in Kalifornia. A state with some of the strictest gun-laws in the country. Is this an exMple of effective gun laws or an example of how criminals do not care about gun laws???

HP_Cuda

The person was selling them illegally so I don't have a problem with this. There are laws on the books that everyone might not like but have to follow. There is a huge black market for underground sales to the gang bangers and drug pushers.

What I might have a problem with is how this might infringe on someones fourth amendment right. So if all it takes is a anonymous tip then anyone is fair game? If they said they bought an illegal piece from him then that would be something different.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

ledphoot

My point is that Kaliforni has some of the strictest laws in the country with regards to firearms ownership and sales / transfers of firearms.

This guy had quite a few guns and was selling them to gang bangers in Kalifornia. What's that have to say about the effectiveness of our gun laws? How many more illegal dealers like this one exist in this state? How many guns have they sold? Who exactly has been impacted by our gun laws???

Chryco Psycho

Criminals do not care about laws so more laws just punishes legit owners

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

Nice to see these 1000+ guns will be destroyed and off the streets for ever. :alan2cents: