Main Menu

Takes a Mopar to catch a Mopar? Well maybe?

Started by Brads70, January 25, 2023, 07:27:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Duke boys out again?  :haha:
Was the officers Charger limited to 130? It seemed pretty steady at that speed? I would have thought they would go faster than that?

anlauto

I watched the whole video, expecting a big crash of course :tired: ....but now it just leaves me with one question....Did the officer have a visual that whole time, I certainly didn't...he was doing a buck thirty and the Challenger was no where in sight  :rubeyes: :dunno:

Kinda dumb, because he was beside/behind him enough to get his license plate anyways  :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on January 25, 2023, 07:56:10 AM
I watched the whole video, expecting a big crash of course :tired: ....but now it just leaves me with one question....Did the officer have a visual that whole time, I certainly didn't...he was doing a buck thirty and the Challenger was no where in sight  :rubeyes: :dunno:

Kinda dumb, because he was beside/behind him enough to get his license plate anyways  :looney:

It would be a safe bet they caught up to him at home as I think I heard the officer reading the plate number to dispatch and the reply was a suspended license?
Are cop cars governed at 130?  :dunno:

70_440-6Cuda

Man people are dumb.  Watched the whole thing as well and the officer seems to know the driver as he has stopped him before - where does the guy think he is going to go and hide?   :looney:
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

dodj

Doesn't even look real to me. GPS says 130....seems to go by other cars rather slowly...unless the speed limit is 120mph?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Filthy Filbert

Where did the hellcat go?   Hmm.... Brake lights on the exit ramp at 2:55

anlauto

Quote from: Filthy Filbert on January 25, 2023, 09:38:58 AM
Where did the hellcat go?   Hmm.... Brake lights on the exit ramp at 2:55

That's what I mean, does the officer have him in his sight at all ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70_440-6Cuda

I f you listen to the whole thing, they seem to know this driver for prior offenses.  Also, at about 4:30 you can see another police SUV up ahead in the right lane which he passes around the 4:50 mark.  There is another SUV he passes as well but I forget the timeline so I am guessing they are using radios and relays to keep eyes on him.

Here in LA they often hang back in high speed pursuits and let the helicopters track the car.  Hard to beat a radio call regardless how fast you are going

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

7212Mopar

The cop was driving pretty fast as he was sliding a little at the turns and taking two lanes. Most of the other drivers were probably going at least 80s.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

dodj

Quote from: 7212Mopar on January 25, 2023, 01:45:41 PM
The cop was driving pretty fast as he was sliding a little at the turns and taking two lanes. Most of the other drivers were probably going at least 80s.
Maybe...but when I pass someone and I'm going 40mph faster...i pass them a lot quicker than that cop was passing other vehicles on that video...at least thats how it looked to me. Maybe video just makes it look slow.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Filthy Filbert