Main Menu

Still working on the Satellite.

Started by js27, July 13, 2020, 07:23:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

js27

Being retired has sure given me more time to work on my car. I got my trunk and jack restored. The trunk had a loose weather strip and some where in the last 53 years some water got in and thankfully created some surface rust only. Got that sanded and picked up my spray gun for the first time in 20 years. Also got the jack assembly cleaned and re painted. Then moved back to the interior and got all the seat belts re dyed along with the rear door panels and kick panels and sun visors and since the front buckets were faded I re-dyed them also. Next is the engine compartment.
JS27

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

JS29

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

js27

Thanks-it is getting there slow but sure.
JS27

Burdar

Looks great!  I assume the rear panels look two tone because the upper section is smooth and the middle section has a texture to it?  You sprayed it all one color correct?

js27

No the very top of the rear panels were much darker and a smooth fiberglass like finish. If you look at the before picture you can see the color difference before I painted them.
They were almost the exact color of the cars exterior which the top of the front doors are. So I painted them the same color. The middle textured part of the panel is the same color I used for the seats and seat belts and dash.
JS27

Mr Lee

Looks great!  What paint / dye are you using?   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

YellowThumper

That looks great. Time to reflect is important.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

js27

Quote from: Mr Lee on July 14, 2020, 05:41:38 AM
Looks great!  What paint / dye are you using?   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been using HERB'S dye-recommended by our very own Alan and I love it. It is $ 18.00 a can and I am on my 13 can-LOL but finally done with the interior.
JS27

Mr Lee

Wow!  Your index finger must be fried.  Ever try one of these? Makes using a rattle can a lot more pleasant.  Like holding a spray gun.

Interior came out great.  And i love the little design in the satellite seats.  Very classy.
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

anlauto

Quote from: js27 on July 14, 2020, 05:08:28 AM
No the very top of the rear panels were much darker and a smooth fiberglass like finish. If you look at the before picture you can see the color difference before I painted them.
They were almost the exact color of the cars exterior which the top of the front doors are. So I painted them the same color. The middle textured part of the panel is the same color I used for the seats and seat belts and dash.
JS27

Well this will certainly be a good test for Herb's paints being exposed to the elements in a convertible and being used on everything from metal to plastic to flexible vinyl seats.... :twothumbsup:  time will tell I guess, it certainly looks great  :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Dakota

js27

Quote from: anlauto on July 16, 2020, 05:08:23 AM
Quote from: js27 on July 14, 2020, 05:08:28 AM
JS27

Well this will certainly be a good test for Herb's paints being exposed to the elements in a convertible and being used on everything from metal to plastic to flexible vinyl seats.... :twothumbsup:  time will tell I guess, it certainly looks great  :worship:

Yes time will tell-I am sure the Front Buckets will wear off first since they will get the most use. Hopefully everything else will hold up. We will see-Just finishing up 2 weeks of work on the engine compartment. I will post photos when done. Then top down cursing time.
JS27

RUNCHARGER

Hopefully cruising not cursing! Ha, ha.
Sheldon