Main Menu

1970 FM3 Satellite Convertible project

Started by manycj, August 16, 2018, 08:33:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

manycj

Hey Guys, I thought I would post some pictures of my latest project. It's not a Challenger or Cuda, so I don't plan on posting the progress pictures here.

The car in question is a real FM3 1970 Plymouth Satellite Conv 318,auto Y13 dealer demo car. The dealer was Paul Willison on Toronto (I have the dealer script). The car has spent its entire life in the Toronto area. It was recovered from a salvage yard in the 80's and has exchanged hands a few times before I bought it a couple weeks ago and brought it back to my place in Vermont.

This car is rusty! It needs all 4 frame rails.  The rear frame rails are 100% missing from above the rear wheels back.  Someone had put the a sheet of plywood in the trunk and stuffed tires in the trunk to support the leaf springs so that the car could be rolled around.

The car still has it's original running gear and comes with all of the hard to find convertible parts.  It also came with a pair of used front frame rails, a pair of rust free front fenders and a pair of rust free doors.  I am getting a nice set of original rear frame rails from Tony's. The rest of the sheet metal I should be able to get repo.

This car will require me to build a body jig. The project will be challenging, but it is not beyond my skill set.

I would like to get my hands on a SG30 Options & Accessories report so that I can determine the actual rarity of the thing. I keep hearing different figures, so I would like to see the source of everyone's conjecture.......

There are a few Mopar Forums out there. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a decent site like this one, but for B-bodies? 

I may need a tenanus shot before this ill all over,
Chris

<I>If I can't fix it, I'll fix it so no onw can!"</I>

anlauto

Who did you buy it from ? I had no idea it was around here... :clapping:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

manycj

I got it from Rick Monture who bought it from Jake Terveld as part of a package deal.

anlauto

Two names I don't know...I guess there are people in Canada I don't know.....I bet they know me though.... :haha: :haha:

I glad it will finally get a restoration it deserves.  :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

manycj

Rick said he met you.  Rick has a collection of 7 B-bodies.

The guy who pulled it out of the junkyard in the 80's is someone I bet you know. Nigel, from National Mo-parts in Beaverton. https://nationalmoparts.com/

RUNCHARGER

Pretty much complete and with sheet and tag. Lots of work but it will be worth it.
Sheldon

Brads70

Cool car, Please do post pictures on here of your progress!  :bradsthumb:

dodgemania