Main Menu

Monterey Car Week

Started by floorit426, August 11, 2021, 12:40:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

floorit426

Well, I took the 'cuda out to a couple of shows, yesterday, to kick off the week. There were great cars at both the Carmel and Pacific Grove venues. I'm not much of a picture taker, but here are a few. Muscle cars are alive and well and are living amongst the Grey Poupon crowd, this week, down in Monterey.

RzeroB

Nice!! "Grey Poupon crowd" ... that's funny!!  :haha:

Surprised not see more of the Bay Area boys (Wade, John, Mike, etc) in attendance  :notsure:

Who's yellow HemiCuda?? Have anymore pics of it?? Details??  :cool:

Thanks!!
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

floorit426

I hope nobody hurts their neck, trying to look at these pics. :haha: Yeah, I had my eyes open, for other members' cars, but there are a lot of events, every day, this week. Hopefully, they'll get a chance to participate. The purple AAR was downright gorgeous and looked like a fresh resto. I'm not sure who the owner is. As for the yellow hemicuda, that's a self indulgent shot of my car. I put a couple hundred miles on her, yesterday.

RzeroB

Quote from: floorit426 on August 11, 2021, 03:05:35 PM
As for the yellow hemicuda, that's a self indulgent shot of my car. I put a couple hundred miles on her, yesterday.

No kidding?? I finally get a look at her ... nice!!  :woohoo:

You know how I am with these Hemi E-bodies ... a REAL busy-body!!  :haha:  Mike has mentioned how you two thunder around the South Bay together. Glad I can now associated a pic or your car to you. Be self-indulgent and post up some more!!  :bigthumb:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Mopsquad

That rose '66 is beautiful.  :wowzers:

floorit426

You know how I am with these Hemi E-bodies ... a REAL busy-body!!  :haha:  Mike has mentioned how you two thunder around the South Bay together. Glad I can now associated a pic or your car to you. Be self-indulgent and post up some more!!  :bigthumb:
[/quote]

Here's one more. VIN is BS23R0B146641. We call it the "palindrome pachyderm", because of the sequence number. I've owned it since '75. It's an auto/A32 car. I don't think it was born with the stripe, but it's been there since before I owned it.

JS23U

Quote from: floorit426 on August 11, 2021, 09:12:32 PM
Here's one more. VIN is BS23R0B146641. We call it the "palindrome pachyderm", because of the sequence number. I've owned it since '75. It's an auto/A32 car. I don't think it was born with the stripe, but it's been there since before I owned it.

Beautiful Cuda! Is it an original FY1 yellow car? The fender tag (data plate) or broadcast sheet would tell if the hockey stripe was original to the car or not.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: JS23U on August 12, 2021, 05:43:50 AM

Beautiful Cuda! Is it an original FY1 yellow car? The fender tag (data plate) or broadcast sheet would tell if the hockey stripe was original to the car or not.

I believe the Hockey Stick is standard & therefore not coded on the tag....   

anlauto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on August 12, 2021, 05:01:39 PM
Quote from: JS23U on August 12, 2021, 05:43:50 AM

I believe the Hockey Stick is standard & therefore not coded on the tag....
:stop: That's a wide spread misconception about 1970 Cudas..The hockey stick stripes were an extra cost option, while on 70 Challenger R/T's the stripes were standard and had to be deleted if you didn't want them. :takemymoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration