Main Menu

The Last Jedi Star Wars

Started by Topcat, October 09, 2017, 07:03:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

The force is strong in this one.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

screamindriver

Agreed...Saw it today also...One of those movies that draws you right into the action and keeps you there.... :perfect10:

slapshot

This movie is getting blasted on social media for SJW brainwashing.
Disney should have kept liberal minded political views and virtue signalling out of the Star Wars franchise.

Cuda Cody

I'm really looking forward to seeing it.   :)  The special effects and having grown up on Star Wars as a kid makes them all a must see for me.

@slapshot  thank you for posting and even though you've been a member here for a long time I feel like since it's your first post I should say welcome!   :welcome:  So glad to see long time members make their first post.   :banana:  Are you like a lot of us here and got to grow up seeing the original Star Wars movies?  Some of the best movies ever made, right!  As tempting as it might be to discuss the political motives of new movies or Hollywood we try not to talk about that stuff here. :bigthumb:  I'm sure you can respect the reasons why we try to keep the topics positive in these political times.  Thanks buddy!   :grouphug:

slapshot

Thanks Cody and a hello to you. Yes I grew up a fan of the original Star Wars movies. I can appreciate steering away from political topics on your site and would prefer if Disney kept political views out of the Star Wars franchise!

Brads70

Quote from: slapshot on December 17, 2017, 10:33:13 AM
Thanks Cody and a hello to you. Yes I grew up a fan of the original Star Wars movies. I can appreciate steering away from political topics on your site and would prefer if Disney kept political views out of the Star Wars franchise!

Thanks for the heads up, I'll pass on going to pay to watch it then. I was also a fan of the Star Trek series until the last one I watched had the same crap in it as you mentioned. I agree with Cody though as tough as it is it's best to do our best to keep politics out of here as that's one  of the things that ruined cc.com  :cheers:

Cudajason

saw it last night...meh...well actually, I think it sucked.

The movie was well made, I loved the effects, and some of the battle scenes were great, but over all, I was unimpressed.

I grew up on the original trilogy too, I loved it then and now, but Disney is screwing it up BIG TIME!!!! :alan2cents:

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Topcat

Quote from: Cudajason on December 19, 2017, 06:26:02 AM

The movie was well made, I loved the effects, and some of the battle scenes were great, but over all, I was unimpressed.

I grew up on the original trilogy too, I loved it then and now, but Disney is screwing it up BIG TIME!!!! :alan2cents:

Jason

Rotten Tomatoes audience feedback: 55%

Cudajason

Quote from: Topcat on December 19, 2017, 06:39:04 AM

Jason

Really, that high????

Rotten Tomatoes audience feedback: 55%
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

Interesting....I absolutely loved it, thought it was a great continuation of the Force Awakens, really enjoyed the added humor...the fact that not every hokey plan they had worked....I like they way Yoda explains the force and how Luke......(Ooops...no spoilers)   

With the people I've talked to, only here have I heard complaints....guess you guys are a bunch of rotten tomatoes  .... :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Already counting down the days until May 25th when SOLO - A Star Wars Story comes out  :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HP2

Well, that puts it on par with episodes 1 and 2. Certainly favored more by the critics than the general audience. Obviously more people loved the original trilogy of episodes 4-6.

Haven't seen it myself, so no opinion on my part.

Brads70

Jason
I just got around to watching it via Kodi.... I'd have to agree with you. Felt like the same story line with different characters?  It was a big yawn for me.... I seriously had to fight to stay awake!

Marc70challenger

Quote from: Brads70 on March 31, 2018, 12:37:29 PM

Jason
I just got around to watching it via Kodi.... I'd have to agree with you. Felt like the same story line with different characters?  It was a big yawn for me.... I seriously had to fight to stay awake!

:iagree:

Original trilogy storyline rehash.   And screw Disney.

71-440

I remember watching the original when it came out at a drive-in  in Bayshore Long Island. Me my wife(then my girl friend) My sister and Brother in law.
The original three were the best I think.
Joe