Main Menu

Help on Golden Star fenders

Started by SRT392, November 20, 2021, 05:46:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

SRT392

Hey Folks,

Anyone out there know anything about Golden Star fenders for 70 cuda??  Can't get anything out of AMD or any of the rest (they have no in stock dates) so i found one on ebay that said it's a Golden Star fender. I have never heard of these guys anyone know anything?  here at https://www.ebay.com/itm/392689591161?epid=1339558230&hash=item5b6e1fa379%3Ag%3A5KMAAOSwAHtZ532G&fits=Year%3A1970%7CModel%3ACuda%7CMake%3APlymouth&shqty=1&isGTR=1#shId

MKA

When I did my research on front bumpers, they came up as one of the best, opinions my vary.  I ordered the bumper but still waiting.   I noticed a Motortrend article on them.  Probably an infomercial, but maybe worth a read:

https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/stamping-reproduction-steel-parts-for-vintage-cars/

@SRT392

SRT392

Thanks for the response..  went thru the article and yes prob an infomercial but yes it was an interesting read. Any info on this seller (tamraz 302255) ? 

70 Challenger Lover

I've used their metal but not fenders. No issues at all. AMD vendors have been drumming into our heads that AMD is head and shoulders above the rest. They say it so much that everyone else parrots this belief even if they have never bought the various brands and tried them all out.

I keep hearing how metal is hard to get. I have a whole bunch of Challenger metal and every time I post an ad for it, crickets.

ZippyZoo

My only experience with Golden Star was a few years back when I bought a Challenger rear valence with cut-outs locally.  The part had a paper label with three part numbers on it: Sherman, Goodmark, and Golden Star.  The edges around the various compound curves were all "crinkled".  I returned it and purchased an AMD rear valence.  Nice smooth edges all around. 
Who knows, it may have just been a bad part.  Again, this was several years ago..........

anlauto

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on November 20, 2021, 07:15:52 PM
I've used their metal but not fenders. No issues at all. AMD vendors have been drumming into our heads that AMD is head and shoulders above the rest. They say it so much that everyone else parrots this belief even if they have never bought the various brands and tried them all out.

This is what my current body shop tells me too, they been using all kings of different brands, and AMD is not always on top....they have no issues using the "cheaper" brands like GoodMark and DII etc...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

SRT392

thanks for the replies and info...that's why i like this forum

Rich G.

I never used Sherman parts but have bought from Tamraz and had no problems. If you call them directly instead of going through E bay you get a better price. ( I did but that was a while ago )