Main Menu

This could be a bad thing...

Started by Cudajason, April 24, 2020, 03:23:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudajason

Wanted one for a while...already thinking of multiple projects!!!!

:wrenching:
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Chryco Psycho

Bullitt-

Quote from: Cudajason on April 24, 2020, 03:23:32 PM
Wanted one for a while...already thinking of multiple projects!!!!

:wrenching:

Already has your mind overwhelmed apparently   :Stirring:  What will it be like with another?
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Cudajason

Lol. Here is the pic i meant  to attach. Long day!!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Bullitt-

Definitely useful to have....
I got a MIG several years ago I accomplished quite a lot.. Got pretty good at GRINDING

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Brads70

:bravo:

Likely the most cost effective tool I own. I've had the same Lincoln mig welder now for over 20 years without any issues. Only suggestion I might have said is to buy a known good quality one. My dear old Grandfather once told me " if you can't afford to buy quality tools, then wait till you can "

That being said, I have no idea as to the quality of CT brand? I'd guess they are made FOR CT by someone known?  :notsure: 

I'd suggest getting the optional gas kit and buy a tank, don't rent one. Looks like it will take the bigger 12 lb wire spools same as my Lincoln . I wonder what tips it uses? Like are they common at any welding supply if years down the road CT quits supplying parts for it?

Welding cart would be useful as well Princess Auto has them on sale from time to time?

Msbaugh440

Miller 211 w/ auto set with the multi voltage plug. Best tool I've ever bought!

Cudajason

Quote from: Brads70 on April 24, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
:bravo:

Likely the most cost effective tool I own. I've had the same Lincoln mig welder now for over 20 years without any issues. Only suggestion I might have said is to buy a known good quality one. My dear old Grandfather once told me " if you can't afford to buy quality tools, then wait till you can "

That being said, I have no idea as to the quality of CT brand? I'd guess they are made FOR CT by someone known?  :notsure: 

I'd suggest getting the optional gas kit and buy a tank, don't rent one. Looks like it will take the bigger 12 lb wire spools same as my Lincoln . I wonder what tips it uses? Like are they common at any welding supply if years down the road CT quits supplying parts for it?

Welding cart would be useful as well Princess Auto has them on sale from time to time?

Yeah I hear you. This was on sale for $220 its a deal I could not pass up. Gives me the opportunity to see If I can weld. I figure if i upgrade i can recover most of my money on this one.

I figured I better make sure it works, so I tried it today.   Not very steady trying to weld with one hand and holding the crappy mask they include in the box. I have a auto darkening on order.

I have not really welded, other than a few spot welds with a mig since hi-school.

I have watched a few hours of videos and learned a bot. Its neat to see it in practice even one handed.

Here is a pic of my first two beads. Bottom is my first. Top is my second. It ain't pretty, but its a start!