Main Menu

Turkey and Covid?

Started by torredcuda, December 04, 2021, 04:10:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

PLY474

My fully vaccinated neighbors got covid (as did their vaccinated daughter and son-in-law).  They got the monoclonal antibody treatment and were fine in a few days.  If the monoclonal antibody treatment works, and it's going to be administered anyway, why bother with the non-disclosed risks associated with the vaccine?  ...and you'll have natural immunity thereafter.  Florida has monoclonal antibody treatment sites set up all over the state.  https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/monoclonal-antibody-therapy/mab-locator/  I think this should be the model for all other states if it's truly about the health of the people.

torredcuda

Quote from: PLY474 on December 04, 2021, 01:38:34 PM
My fully vaccinated neighbors got covid (as did their vaccinated daughter and son-in-law).  They got the monoclonal antibody treatment and were fine in a few days.  If the monoclonal antibody treatment works, why bother with the non-disclosed risks associated with the vaccine?  And you'll have natural immunity thereafter.  Florida has monoclonal antibody treatment sites set up all over the state.  https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/monoclonal-antibody-therapy/mab-locator/  I think this should be the model for all other states.

:iagree: A number of people at my wifes work also have covid, her boss has already had it once and is FULLY vaccinated and now has it again. Just because science say we should get vaccinated doesn`t mean squat IMO - first NO ONE knows the long term effects of this new, experimental vaccine and second how many thousands of times has "the science" been wrong on so many other issues? Also the vast majoirty of those getting hospitalized having one or more other issues like obesity, diabetes, heart problems, asthma etc. You can beat me over the head all you want with "the science" but I`ll still take my chances.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

MKA

Gentlemen all good.  I hope everyone stays healthy first and foremost.   and doesn't have to use the mab locator.  Only in my home Florida would there be a mab locator.    :rofl:   

70 Challenger Lover

My guess is we will continue to hear about all things Covid right up until the day a new problem comes along to take it's place. There is no way the politicians are going to let the nation have a few years or even months of peace. They will keep us at each other's throats so that we pay less attention to them.

Regardless of how you feel about Covid, one should be alarmed when politicians are desperately trying to get you to do something. That is one group of people the whole world unanimously agrees is corrupt and despicable to it's core. And that image has existed for centuries. There is no end to the jokes portraying them in a bad way. Prostitutes generally garner more respect than politicians. Even the best people who enter politics eventually do questionable things and all somehow manage to leave office immensely richer than they started. That makes them untrustworthy at minimum so I choose not to blindly trust them and do what they are trying so hard to get me to do.

Funny thing is I once had blind faith in modern medicine. Had the medical industry chose not to get into bed with politicians, I would have gladly taken the shot. Since they are now aligned with people of questionable moral character, I no longer believe they have my best interests in mind. Doesn't help that politicians are giving hospitals mountains of cash during this "pandemic." I bet the hospitals officials pray every night that this problem never go away. And if you are just a low level worker in the medical world, you too don't want this to ever end. Overnight, every person wearing scrubs became a cape wearing superhero. They are surely enjoying god like status in our society right now.

Rdchallenger

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on December 04, 2021, 05:16:11 PM
My guess is we will continue to hear about all things Covid right up until the day a new problem comes along to take it's place. There is no way the politicians are going to let the nation have a few years or even months of peace. They will keep us at each other's throats so that we pay less attention to them.

Regardless of how you feel about Covid, one should be alarmed when politicians are desperately trying to get you to do something. That is one group of people the whole world unanimously agrees is corrupt and despicable to it's core. And that image has existed for centuries. There is no end to the jokes portraying them in a bad way. Prostitutes generally garner more respect than politicians. Even the best people who enter politics eventually do questionable things and all somehow manage to leave office immensely richer than they started. That makes them untrustworthy at minimum so I choose not to blindly trust them and do what they are trying so hard to get me to do.

Funny thing is I once had blind faith in modern medicine. Had the medical industry chose not to get into bed with politicians, I would have gladly taken the shot. Since they are now aligned with people of questionable moral character, I no longer believe they have my best interests in mind. Doesn't help that politicians are giving hospitals mountains of cash during this "pandemic." I bet the hospitals officials pray every night that this problem never go away. And if you are just a low level worker in the medical world, you too don't want this to ever end. Overnight, every person wearing scrubs became a cape wearing superhero. They are surely enjoying god like status in our society right now.

I agree with everything you said. As a childhood cancer survivor I too believed in modern medicine UNTIL this so called "vaccine" was being wildly pushed by politicians. Oh and I also was in the hospital with Covid for 3 days earlier this year and getting oxygen. Regular respiratory treatments worked wonders and was out.

Unfortunately though I WILL be getting the jab but only to be able to keep my job in the federal government. I'm 34 so it's not like changing careers would be a simple thing to do at this point in my life.

Rdchallenger

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on December 04, 2021, 05:55:22 AM
Right before I retired, I was working in a jail environment and we decided to test the entire inmate population. Eighty inmates tested positive yet not one of them had a single symptom and felt fine. Additionally, all employees had access to the tests. In the beginning, false positives were extremely common. Second tests days later came back negative in almost all cases. People throughout the county who died of old age in their sleep, in car accidents, suicides and drug overdoses were tested and if they tested positive (which many do when the tests are overly sensitive) they are put down as a Covid related death.

I retired shortly thereafter but I was left with the sentiment that the tests were far too sensitive and not reliable and therefore the statistics are not reliable.

I noticed at the onset of this situation that if you were left leaning, you got tested weekly and false positives tests gave the impression that the virus was spreading like wildfire. Right leaning people did not get tested and since they didn't know if they had it, they therefore developed a different view of the disease.

I think this whole mess has gotten out of hand and people are seeing what they expect to see. If you are a democrat, you wear the mask, get vaccinated and still worry. You have close friends and relatives who have died of Covid. You hear stories daily of masses of people dying left and right. If you are a conservative, you don't wear the mask or get vaccinated and you don't know a single person personally who has died from it.

While I hate politics in general, one cannot deny that this matter is deeply divided now by politics which is my clue to not take any of it seriously anymore. It's going to become one of those hot button topics like abortion or gun control where the two sides forever remain bitterly divided.

All that being said, I hope you and your family are feeling better very soon.

Also, enjoy the retirement brother. From one person who's still in to another who got out. Enjoy life, you earned it.

dodj

Wonder what the general population 'feeling' about polio vaccine and others was back in the mid 50's?
Was it just line up and take it? or was there lots of 'no one's going to tell me what to do'.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

torredcuda

Quote from: dodj on December 05, 2021, 05:49:19 AM
Wonder what the general population 'feeling' about polio vaccine and others was back in the mid 50's?
Was it just line up and take it? or was there lots of 'no one's going to tell me what to do'.

Looking at the timeline there were many failed attempts untill they finally got one to work without major bad side effects.
https://www.historyofvaccines.org/timeline#EVT_100327
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

JH27N0B

The polio vaccine took years to develop and test, and complications including deaths led to one vaccine being suspended from being used in the mid 50s. So you've made a good point (perhaps inadvertently?) as to why people aren't necessarily foolish to be concerned with taking a new vaccine.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polio_vaccine

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: dodj on December 05, 2021, 05:49:19 AM

I hear this comparison often but I don't believe it's a good one.

1) Polio was far more devastating than Covid. Only a tiny percentage will get Covid and of that tiny percentage, only an even tinier percentage will die. And most who die are in the risk category of people who might very well have died from flu or pneumonia. Everyone was worried about polio back then but Covid concerns depend on political association which right there should be a clue that our chains are getting yanked by people with power over us.

2) with Covid, there was a mad rush to develop a vaccine. Then a mad rush to get it through testing. Then a mad rush to produce it (probably with components from China) and finally a mad rush to distribute it to the masses. All with government money being thrown their way and with the promise that the first company will benefit financially in a massive way. That sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. Right before Covid, people frequently commented that big pharma was mankind's greatest enemy. Now we trust the greedy bastards without question. In a few years, we may see tv commercials from attorneys like this: Did you take the Phizer Covid vaccination and later develop any of these medical conditions? If so, you may be entitled to financial compensation!

3) We can't really say what the Covid statistics are because the tests are grossly inaccurate and there is a huge push to error on the side of calling it "Covid related." They won't even call it Covid death. It's "related" which allows for wide discretion in labeling a death. In Ventura County where I worked, we were calling suicides, drug overdoses, fatal collisions, etc. "Covid related " because if the deceased might conceivably had Covid, there was large sums of government money to be had. Hospitals for instance got $100k for every person who entered the building with Covid. I personally know people who went to the E.R. for non-Covid reasons, never got tested but yet their discharge paperwork says they had Covid. Covid may be a real threat but there is a lot of fraud taking place.

4) there is far more government oversight than there was when polio was a threat. There shouldn't be. There is also a divide in this country that is probably as great as there was going into the civil war. Friendships have been ruined and families torn apart over political divide. I know of a few examples personally. Covid has made it far worse. It didn't have to be that way but our fine political leaders have seen to it that we are more divided than ever and there is no signs of positive change coming. If the medical industry had been allowed to work without government intrusion, people would have come together because most Americans had faith in modern medicine. That faith has been shaken by an industry that appears to be as greedy and self serving as big pharma.

5) when have you ever heard of leaders who sound an alarm but later come back voluntarily and tell everyone they may have overreacted? When this started, we were told it was the coming zombie apocalypse. Businesses were destroyed and the world brought to its knees not by the disease but by our precautions. I know of a guy who put off an important medical procedure and later died. How often did that happen? I know of an elderly fellow who was dying naturally but couldn't see his loved ones in his final days because the risk of Covid was too great a risk. That happened more than people are willing to admit. How many young people developed anxiety or depression issues not being able to go outside and play with friends? I could go on but the point is this: knowing the damage our over zealous precautions have caused, no leader is willing to come forward and acknowledge that it might have been too much. They'd be taken out and shot. So instead, they will double down always claiming that it would have been much worse without them and their oversight. Maybe I'm a little pessimistic but I don't put a lot of faith in people who make decisions that they benefit from.

MKA

You don't want to take the vaccine that's fine.   Too much of a risk, unknowns etc.  ok.   But I keep seeing this idea that the numbers (5 million dead and counting) are juiced.  Check every insurance company financials.  Their ratio for claims paid in the last 2 years.  It's called a claims rate or loss rate, policy holder claims etc.  Every company has seen a significant spike and it's not from the vaccine.    Insurance companies are not going to line up and just pay more because the government said so.  People are dying.   

You can say the number is exaggerated to some level ( possibly).  You can say it doesn't impact you or anyone you know (hopefully), you can say the rate of deaths is low (true).  I'm not broken and I'm not fixing me ( we're all a little bent but ok)    All that can be true and the vaccines are still a good idea for people that chose to do it based on the statistics of the vaccine effectiveness and the statistics  of its potential side effects.   

How's this.  We're all right, now carry on  :wrenching:

bentpshrods

No matter how you feel ----vax or no vax, this gov. mandates are a bunch of crap.      :thumbdown:          :stop:

cuda hunter

This link is non political. 
FCBO also has censorship in place and does not allow politics.   The thread is 121 pages long and counting.  Lots and lots of info on it.
Some true, some not.  Regardless, it's got some great reading and some interesting points and facts.   Again, non political discussion that ranges from the beginning of the virus to current day numbers.  All said by car guys.  I figure if one person reads even some of this thread they may learn something. 
Posting before this thread becomes political and is Locked. 

https://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/threads/we-cant-ignore-the-coronavirus.54029/
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

One of the things that sucks is that the Covid is Politics now. It is political. 
We, as first amendment supporters can not barely even talk about covid on a majority of social media sites.  We are being censored from all sides.  No Freedom of speech.  Ah, but we can go into fringe groups, be monitored, be lumped into a category and talk about it with a few people on a few sites. 
As much as Joey Chicago has really hurt the febo and fcbo sites by banning politics and banning multiple right wing members, no left as far as I can tell, I do have to say that his approach on fabo is decent.  He has a section for politics and when a mod finds a thread on the regular site that has politics in it, he then throws the thread over into the politics section so those who have no concern for what our masters are doing to us don't have to see the politics.  Works pretty good. 
  I'm here to look at ebodies. Our hobbies are rife with politics.   From gas, to metal being created in china for our hobby to certain "climate control" people want to totally take away our old clunkers.  We can not have one without the other.  Unless we use ignorance as the word and don't worry about the extra money that these cars are suddenly costing to even own.  I guess, when you have that much money a lot of high end car guys don't even worry about the extra thousands a year per car it costs to own. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Filthy Filbert

My experiences:

Company owner never mandated mask wearing, special air filters, 6' of separation, etc.  company employs 400 people in a manufacturing environment which also has office space.
—our rate of positive cases has been no higher than the rest of society.  If all the mandates were actually stopping the spread, then once we had 1 case inside the building, we should have all caught it.

—guy who sits next to me started feeling a 'stuffy nose' on a Monday night.   Came to work Tuesday. Lost taste/smell Tuesday night and stayed home to go get tested Wednesday. 

My wife's employer requires anyone directly exposed to have a negative test in order to come to work.
Since I was directly exposed she had to assume I was positive, and that she would be directly exposed.  I had to get tested for her to return to work.
—my test was negative.

The way I see it; if the numbers are right and we're not being manipulated by the media; the only people dying right now are those who did not get vaccinated, and the people who got vaccinated have extremely mild cases if they do catch it.

The vaccine is available to everyone who wants it.

Therefore: all government mandates need to go away, and each person needs to be responsible for themselves and decide if they want to wear a mask, get the vaccine, etc.   

The virus is real, people are dying at a higher rate from this virus than others like influenza. But we have tools to help increase survivability.  It's time to let people decide for themselves what they want to do.