Main Menu

Two Lane Blacktop Car Scene with the Cuda

Started by Topcat, April 19, 2018, 09:47:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: 6bblgt on April 20, 2018, 10:25:59 PM
Quote from: 750-h2 on April 20, 2018, 12:32:17 PM
Quote from: 6bblgt on April 19, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
seen it dozens of times, but never noticed .....

they line up against an AAR 'cuda & beat a red  'cuda with body-side mouldings  :takealook: always wondered why they said the "'cuda was a hemi with a torqueflite"

I think he might be referring to a different race with a different car. At the 3:45 mark when he refers to the Plymouth with the Hemi and torque flight he also says "I think with sawed the guy off even though we lost $200"  To me by his expression and words it looks like they lost that race.

it may have been due to editing of the original movie,  but the night street/drag racing scene with the Daytona & "the brotherhood of street racers" that matched the '55 Chevy against a 'cuda are the opening minutes of the movie filmed/located in CA where the brotherhood existed - they lost the $200 because the cops show up & everyone scatters without claiming their race winnings.

the youtube video is a few mixed-up minutes of racing taken throughout the movie which moves west to east across the USA  :stayinlane:

As I recall that Daytona belonged to Big Willie.
I fondly remember racing at the "Long Alleys" off Central Ave where they kept the Goodyear Blimps in hangers at that time.
And also at Exposition Blvd and the Crenshaw area with the Los Angeles Street Racers.
I belonged to The Mopar Inc that met at Athens Park off Broadway back in the day and would race the Mopar Men from East Los Angeles at Lions Drag Strip Wednesday matches in Wilmington by Long Beach.

http://www.dragzine.com/news/remembering-street-racing-legend-and-big-willie-robinson/

Dakota

The latest episode of "Jay Leno's Garage" includes a segment showing James Taylor being reunited with the '55.   

Chryco Psycho