Main Menu

A 2 ½ year project, cut short

Started by Slotts, January 07, 2019, 01:57:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Slotts

Back in June of 2016, I decided to start a project and let my hair grow out. Still having all of my hair, I thought it would be the last time for this one...

My son Eric's wedding will be this Saturday. So, last week, the long hair had to go and has been sent to Locks Of Love. They make and provide prosthetic real hair pieces to financially challenged families of children with long term hair loss. There is no money changing hands. They are given to these families. Their main source of distribution where they make these available is St Jude's Hospital helping to make it a little easier for these children.

Don't worry, they do color the hair, as needed, to hide the gray!  :haha: :rofl:

My intention of this post is just a thought for anyone thinking of having a trim or significant other, who may be thinking of cutting it short (10" minimum length), please consider contacting locksoflove.org.

Believe me, you will be glad you did.  :bigthumb:

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

blown motor

Good for you for doing that. My son has done it once or twice. Me, on the other hand....if only I could.  :crying:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Dakota

Cool move, Jim.  I have a growing "nowhere hair" issue, so I couldn't help if I want to either.

jimynick

Without trying to denigrate the real recipients whatsoever, where does one go to have their name placed on the list?  :D Sent from an ever more follically challenged old fart from Canada. No Murray, not you!  :pullinghair: :))
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

J-Code Jeni

Super cool move, Jim! :cooldance: Thank you for doing that and for promoting such a great cause in the process! My nieces have donated their hair to locks of love and have never regretted it.

Congratulations on your son's nuptials too! :banana:

Jay Bee

Hey Jim, that's a great move on your part. My youngest son did that too. Tell Eric I said "hi" and congratulations on his upcoming wedding. Miss seeing ya's at the Nat's.

John

MEK-Dangerous

Jim,

I'm surprised you didn't have a big beard to go along with the long hair.   :D

That's an awesome thing to offer on your part. I miss you buddy!   

VCODE

Jim,
Good for you, that was a nice gift for someone.  :clapping:
Too bad I would not be able to give, I could use a gift myself instead.
At my age it's OK to have lost some or most of my hair.
Bob

BIGSHCLUNK

GOOD FOR YOU ! My cousin has done it too. I haven't had a haircut in over 20 years. And its nowhere near as long as yours was. Hair on my head no longer grows. As for ears , nose and beard... grows like crazy....  :notsure:

Spikedog08

Nice move on the hair and congratulations are in order for Eric!   Hope everything goes well!    :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Slotts

The two Love Birds have become one!

Jim

Cuda Cody

Jay Bee

:banana:  All the Best to the new couple.   :banana: 

Slotts

Sorry, this was just sent to me and the last picture I'll post.

The joy on their faces says it all.

Betcha' can't tell that I am stoked!

Jim