Main Menu

Well..... tomorrow is my last day of work in Philadelphia

Started by mopar thunder, May 22, 2017, 05:21:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

mopar thunder

It has been a rough few weeks as they would like to get blood from a stone but it is almost over. It hasn't been too bad, I like working here but I am hoping this move will benefit my son and his plans for the future. I have to go down approx. 6 weeks before the rest of my family based on the needs at the Tampa office. It's going to be a little tough w/o them but I'm sure the time will go fast. Once I am settled in a new place 'll post the area and see who lives around or near me. I think it will be the Lakewood Ranch area of Bradenton.

My Cuda is down and the engine won't be finished before I go in 3 days  :verymad: however my hopes are that it will be done before I come back for closing July 8th. If I have to bring the car and engine down in July I will do that. It will be a pain to put the engine back in the car in that summer heat though.

Cuda Cody

Change can be hard, but I hope it works out for the better in the long run.  Keep us posted on how it turns out for ya.   :drinkingbud:

Chryco Psycho

Change is a constant in life , lie is harder the more we resist change .
You will benefit from the change as you work through it , too bad the engine is not ready now but maybe there is a reason that is ultimatly better .
6 weeks will fly by for you !

jimynick

The bride and I were in Philly a couple of weeks ago and the historic section is really interesting and soaked in the history that formed the USA. It was cool to suddenly, by accident, see BB62- the New Jersey anchored out in the yards. I can see why you'll have feeling about missing it and your family. Good luck with the new locale!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

mopar thunder

I agree, change is a part of life and I am looking forward to it but the logistics of it all concerning this move is stressful at times. It will all work out in the end. Looking forward to meeting some new car friends down there.

Slotts

I'm sure you will do fine down there. My only concern is how you will be able to survive without REAL Philly cheesesteaks???  :thinking:

Not the Geno's or Pats tourist locations, but the real ones on South Street.   :yes:

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

mopar thunder

Wow, has it been a roller coaster. I am down here in Tampa, prior to me leaving our house went under contract, we are under contract down here (w/o my wife seeing it  :o ) I am enjoying it so far but coordinating everything is crazy. My engine is still not even close to being ready. Pistons just came in, block being cleaned up and then assembly. Once it is complete I will fly back up and bring my trailer back with the car. I will install it down here. Looking forward to meeting some new folks down here and enjoying some of the shows this fall.   :drinkingbud:

Chryco Psycho

Cuda Cody

We're only a month away from Carlisle.   ;)  Maybe fly up and hang out with us at Carlisle one day and install work on your engine too.  If the engine is not to far from Carlisle I would be more then willing to help you work on it.  It would be fun.

RUNCHARGER

I worked and lived in some places that weren't the best but I always did what was right for my family. It makes it easy to make those choices when you see your family safe and happy.
Sheldon

blown motor

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 09, 2017, 11:11:23 AM
We're only a month away from Carlisle.   ;)  Maybe fly up and hang out with us at Carlisle one day and install work on your engine too.  If the engine is not to far from Carlisle I would be more then willing to help you work on it.  It would be fun.

Bring the car and the parts to Carlisle and we'll build it. You can drive it back to Florida.  :ohyeah:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Chryco Psycho

mopar thunder

That would be a blast  :clapping: to have all help with the install. Timing not that great. We close on July 12th and should be heading back by 5 pm that day. We can't be in the house any later than that. I have to drive a moving truck back so won't be able to drive my truck and trailer. There is a chance it could be ready by then too but I'm not holding my breath.

FY1443433

Mopar Thunder,

I highly recommend that you go to Don Garlit's Mopar Show the first weekend in November! 

FY1

mopar thunder

I heard that is a really great time. I plan on it. Thanks! I have to admit, now living down here I am looking forward to being able to attend events and drive the cars year round.