blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

BIGSHCLUNK

Jay Bee

Not that bad if it were Celsius  :haha:

Seriously though. That's like -24 C for us Canadians, brrrrrr.

1970 cuda Joe

63 @ 1:10pm in Tucson with a sunny, clear sky. :)
...Joe
1970 cuda 440-6, 4 speed NOM. Moulin Rouge

JH27N0B

I live in the Chicago northwest burbs and just got home from having brunch with my elderly mom.  The car thermometer read -5 to minus 7 my trip there and -4 heading home a few minutes ago.  The forecast was 0 high, they apparently lied!
While at my mom's assisted living apartment I noticed a little frost in a window in her living room and a slight draft.  I investigated and found the double pane window unlatched, so I fixed that.  Further checking revealed 2 more windows in her apartment unlatched. She's been complaining her apartment is chilly, I guess I did one good deed today.
It's fine inside but driving is irritating. First my tire pressure warning light was on.  Then driving I'm getting a little salt spray on the window and when it's this cold, the sprayer is froze.  Shortly after leaving to head home, I get behind a tow truck towing a car, spraying salt spray on me. I sped up to pass him, but the windshield had got pretty wet.  I thought it was wet enough I could clean the windshield with the wipers. Wrong! Instead it streaked my windshield effectively whitewashing it.  I was looking for a good place to pull in a lot and grab some snow to throw on the windshield to clean it, but didn't. Drove 25 minutes home almost blind.  Threw snow on the windshield when I got home and it's fine now, then got my portable compressor and filled my lowest tire. Did I mention it's windy too?  Windchill is probably -25F.
3 more days of this below zero crap, and Tuesday and Wednesday I have to drive 54 miles round trip to the office.
Well days are getting noticeably longer and spring gets closer every day.  I don't like cold, but physically I tolerate it better than hot and humid.

Brads70

Next Monday?  :D

Skdmark

January and February in WI makes me want to snowbird it once I retire in 10 years.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

RUNCHARGER

Screw that. -25 at home +25 here. Easy choice.
Sheldon

Deezel

-43ºC here yesterday morning and -42ºC again this morning, Central Alberta.
Tomorrow afternoon is supposed to be a balmy -23ºC. Right now it's -37ºC outside...
Lonnie
1973 'cuda

JH27N0B

Quote from: Deezel on January 14, 2024, 06:31:13 PM-43ºC here yesterday morning and -42ºC again this morning, Central Alberta.
Tomorrow afternoon is supposed to be a balmy -23ºC. Right now it's -37ºC outside...
I just looked it up and -37 C is -34.6 F for us USA types who don't speak metric.
That's pretty nasty. Can you keep that misery north of the border please?  :stop:
Coldest we've got here is in the negative 20s F.  About 5 years ago it got to -22 or thereabouts.  I got up and went out and tried my car, it started! Drove to work and the normally busy roads were a ghost town. So was the office, I don't think much over 10% showed up.
It'll be in the -10 to -15 F area Tuesday when I go back to the office.  It'll be interesting to see how many stay home.  Wimps!
Here's my driveway a few hours ago with my frozen Ram and cold salty Dart.  Anyone want to sit in those chairs in front of the garage with me and enjoy an ice cold beer?  :drinkingbud:

philze

Time to walk the dog

Brads70

While it's only -12C here this morning ( relatively balmy compared to out west) looking at the forecast ( for what thats worth?) this cold snap lasts about 6 days. Now back down to the basement to load up the woodstove....

bentpshrods

Here in Idaho (Boise) we have had a mild winter with above average temps. Then the snow showed up with an arctic blast behind it. Low this morning was 5* with a high of 20. I have zero tolerance for the cold. Don't know how you folks up there in Canada/central US handle those temperatures. Give me 100* + days any time over that. 

blown motor

It's time to get out the camping gear. It's been a while since I've done that.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel