Main Menu

What colour for what car?

Started by blown motor, May 29, 2022, 08:15:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Just for fun, is there a certain colour that you would absolutely have to have if you were buying a certain model car? Here's a few of mine. 68 Charger - black. 70 Road Runner - lime green. AAR - red. Super bird - orange.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Bullitt-

I'll take my '71 HEMI Cuda in Winchester Gray please

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

torredcuda

I have certain preferences but not any "absolutely have to have" colors as I like a wide variety of Mopars colors. I did buy my `70 road runner in factory FC7 as that is what I wanted but I previuosly had a red one I liked also. I agree `68 I would prefer black, AAR I like in a lot of colors but would prefer NOT orange, I like the color but with the black hood too halloween for me. I also prefer white or colored interiors over plain black.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

jimynick

I like your Charger in it's black Murray, but I still have "feelings" for the dark green (F8?) '68 hemi Charger I saw so long ago. My Challenger is black, as is yours, but my son painted his Honda Prelude in a colour that's so dark it looks like black until you get it in full sunshine and then you can see it's actually green. I liked it. Superbird, either Petty blue or orange I guess.  :alan2cents:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

blown motor

I've seen that super dark green. It's cool on a newer car but on the old classics I'm totally old school. No colours that change in the sunlight, no 17 or bigger rims, no halo headlights, bla bla bla. But that's just me.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

dodj

The only car I can think of that HAS to be a specific colour, is a ferrari,  and it has to be red.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

YYZ

Quote from: dodj on May 30, 2022, 05:22:41 AM
The only car I can think of that HAS to be a specific colour, is a ferrari,  and it has to be red.

Fun fact for the day: a lot of the traditional car colours came from the early days of racing, when colour was assigned by country

British Racing Green was exactly that.

Italy - Rosso Corsa (Italian racing red)

France - Blue (as seen on the Bugattis)

Germany - Silver

USA - White/Blue

Etc

Dakota

'68-'70 Chargers:  white with black stripes.

I like FC7, gun metal gray or B5 blue on Challengers of any year.

anlauto

Quote from: Dakota on May 30, 2022, 02:01:22 PM
'68-'70 Chargers:  white with black stripes.

Well, you'll like the 70 Charger I'm currently building then...we're going white with black stripes and top too... :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration